75

"Teana, can you check if Bach loaded everything in the van na?" J tells Teana as he passes her bedroom on the way downstairs.

Teana glances at J and nods. She was told to get ready for the day. She had just gotten out of the shower and was fixing her hair when J knocked on her door and peeped in. She takes a final look at the mirror and then returns her towel to the bathroom before going down. She finds Bachi standing at the back of their van.

"...Dad is asking if you've loaded everything na daw?" Teana says as she stands next to Bachi and looks into the van's compartment. "Why is your soccer ball kasama?"

Bachi shrugs his shoulders. "...bring it daw..."

"Why is there a keyboard? Sa yo?" Teana spots a large black bagged item on the side.

Bachi shakes his head. "DI nga ako marunong mag-gitara, mag-keyboard pa kaya? I didn't load that. It was there already when I put these here"

"...and there's a cooler pa?" Teana says as she lifts the lid and looks inside. "Walang laman?"

"Baka we're buying nalang on the way..."

"To where?"

Bachi shrugs his shoulders again.

Teana actually saw a small paper bag inside the cooler. She took it out and emptied the contents on to the van's floor. Out spilled a box of band aids, a nebulizer, and a toy lizard. Both she and Bachi squealed when they saw the lizard.

Teana immediately returned the things inside the bag and into the cooler.

"Teana?" M said. The kids didn't notice M and J come out of the house.

"Mom?"

"Bakit ka tumili? Pati si Bach? J, anong nangyayari?" M was blindfolded and was being guided by J into the van.

"Get your stuff na, we're leaving..." J said as he helped M into the van and buckled her seatbelt. Bachi and Teana ran into the house. A few minutes later, they got into the van and J drove out of their garage.

---

J stopped the van by a convenience store and ordered the kids to buy drinks, ice, and some chips. When they returned and loaded the things into the van, J drove again.

"Oww..." Bachi said as they entered a gate. (a/n: It's a name and not a sound)

He was not able to finish what he was going to say because J immediately looked back and shushed him.

"J? Saan na tayo?"

"Malapit na"