26

She gazed up and sedately drowned in his gaze; his brown soulful eyes seem to pierce into her soul. His fair skin perfectly framed his warm smile and deep dimple. Oh God! That dimple! She wishes it were a jacuzzi where she could just sit and wallow in the warmth of the gentle bubbling around her. Speaking of warmth, his arms seemed to fit perfectly around her waist.

Nic adjusted herself so that her thigh perfectly fit the 'groove' of his waist. His skin was milky, supple and soft. Nic was mesmerized by his piercing stare as she automatically moved closer to meet his parting lips. His lips. They look so soft, too. Nic couldn't wait to play with his tongue in her mouth.

She moved in closer until everything seemed to be darker than 'normal'. She moved her head more as if his kissing drew her closer to him. She didn't want to break their kiss yet so Nic tried to deeply inhale through her nose (if this were even possible) while locked in his lips. However, she didn't feel the 'normal' cooler air surrounding them nor did she smell him. Odd.

Nic suddenly opened her eyes. Shucks! It was all a dream! In her sleep, she managed to wrap herself in her comforter and pillows more than usual. She slowly sat up while untangling herself from her beddings before reorienting herself to her surroundings.

Nic rubbed her face with her hands and looked around her room. There were still a few boxes and a suitcase to be unpacked. She had moved in to her new place just yesterday. She dropped off her things and briefly met with Ms. Ana, the owner and her new landlady before her shift at work.

"...oh, he moved in yesterday. I really didn't see him because we only spoke on the phone but he seems nice. I just reminded him of some house rules but they're all written down on the contract also. He just asked me to leave the keys on the kitchen table. This is his room and your room is on the opposite door, the bathroom is at the end of the hall" Ms. Ana said as she toured Nic. She pointed out the other amenities both within the house and the amenities of the compound.

HE. This remained in Nic's thoughts as she went to work. She immediately called her best friend, Belle, while on break from her shift. Although both were nurses, Nic worked at the pediatric unit while Belle worked at the Physiology and Orthopedic department. Belle worked during the day, while Nic worked at night.

"...anong pangalan nya? Hindi mo ba alam na co-ed pala yang share house mo?"

"Nasabi ni Ms. Ana noon pero akala ko naman, babae ang magiging ka-share ko..."

"Eh alam na ba nina Mama at Papa?"

"Hindi. Wala pa akong sinasabihan. Ikaw pa lang. Belay! Belle! Anong gagawin ko?"

"Magpalipat? Lumipat sa ibang apartment?"

"Nakapagbayad na ako ng 3 buwan! And wala nang ibang units available..." Nic wailed.

"...eh sa pagkaka-describe mo, mukhang matino naman yang housemate mo e. Walang kalat, malinis...maayos lahat ng gamit..."