40

"Nasaan na ang Mama mo? Uuwi na kami at malayo pa ang biyahe..." Papa said as he exited the bathroom. Just minutes before, he mentioned that he and Mama would be leaving already. Mama reminded him to use the toilet before they left.

"Nauna na po sa labas..." M said as she locked arms with her grandfather and walked toward the door. "Ihatid nyo nalang po si Belay. Sinabi ko na rin kay Mama"

"Nasaan na si Belay?"

"Nauna na rin po. Isinakay na rin ang mga dala nyo kasama ng mga gamit nya"

"Ah. Basta Menggay, sinasabi ko sa yo, kapag malaman kong sinasaktan o pinaiyak ka nyang si Rrrr..."

"Rj po"

"....Ar...nulfo. Ididrecho talaga kita sa kumbento...tumawag ka lang sa atin at akong bahala..." Papa said while tightening his grasp of M's shoulder.

"Pa..." M whined. She knew that no matter how many times she tried to correct and try to convince her grandfather, he'd still bring up putting her in a convent or keep her home.

They reached the car and M kissed and hugged both her grandparents goodbye before they got into the car. J thanked them for the food. They both bade Belle goodbye, too, and thanked Celia and Nestor as well.

---

"M...Meng! Wait!" J called when he noticed how quickly M walked away from the parking lot to the house. "Do you need to use the bathroom?" J asked when he caught up with her a few steps near the door.

"...sana may bakante pang kwarto sa main..." M said as she looked up at the main apartment building just beside their house. The layout of the share house complex was a mix of bungalows and one tall apartment building. J and M occupied House #1 which was actually the owner/landlord's unit. The other houses had dorm-style amenities similar to the 4-floor apartment building.

"Ano?"

"...may available room pa kaya dun? Kahit ngayong gabi lang...bukas na ako maghahanap..."

"What are you saying? Teka...we both paid the initial deposit on the house, diba?" J said as he offered to unlock the door.

M kept quiet and nodded slowly.

"...so, hindi ba sayang naman yung renta mo kung di mo gagamitin?"

"I guess..." M replied softly. "Anong pinag-usapan nyo ni Mama?" M said to change the subject.

---

"Pagpasensiyahan mo na yung Lolo ni Menggay."