22

On their last day together in the village, Rj and Nic met up at the alley at 4pm. They had already been talking about their eventual separation so it was just a matter of time when it would happen. To distract themselves from the anxiety that was brewing within them, Rj and Nic decided to play a game.

"Let's play a game" Nic suggested.

"Game?"

"Oo...laro tayo..."

"Anong game?" Rj looked at Nic. He was thinking of something like tag or some other physical game but wondered why Nic remained seated and didn't look like she was planning to move.

"Just name the first thing that comes to your mind based on a category..." Nic said as she fished out a deck of cards from her pocket. "...ginawa ko to for my class e. Nakita ko lang kahapon nung nagliligpit ako ng gamit..."

"Ahh..sige. Game!" Rj said. He and Nic faced each other on the bench, sitting cross-legged, with the deck in between them.

"Me first." Nic said as she took a card from the deck. "Color"

"Black" Rj said.

"Yellow" Nic replied.

"Car" Rj read the card he took from the deck.

"Subaru" Nic said.

"Jaguar" Rj said.

"Food" Nic asked.

"Sinigang...yung masabaw"

"Ramen! Bakit may explanation?"

"Wala lang" Rj shrugged his shoulders and smirked.

"Sleepwear" Rj read another card.

"Silk...silk pajamas...or malaking t-shirt" Nic said. Nic noticed that Rj didn't respond and was blushing. "Bakit?"

"Uhm...kasi...ahh..."

"Di ka nag-p-pajama?"

Rj just gave a weak smile. He usually slept naked.

"Ah...sus! Si Papa nga, gusto nyang pantulog yung shorts nyang may malaking butas na. Laging sinasabi ni Mama na itatapon na nya yung shorts na yun pero hindi pa ata nangyayari..." Nic shared. "Destination" Nic read another card.

"Italy" Rj immediately responded. He was glad that Nic didn't press on with the topic on sleepwear.

"Talaga? Dream ko din yun..."

"Gusto ko rin matuto gumawa ng sarili kong pasta..." Rj said.