56

M woke up to a very quiet apartment. Although most of her wounds from the jelly fish incident had healed, J insisted that she spend the rest of the week recuperating.

M found the breakfast J had left for her so she heated these up and made herself some toast and chocolate. She sat down and amusedly read J's note, giggling to herself. The months they've spent together has taught J to be more domesticated.

"May pagka-senyorito yan lalo na't favorite sya ng Lolo nya..." J's grandmother mentioned when J brought M to meet his family one weekend prior to the accident. Growing up with her grandparents, M easily warmed up to J's grandparents. In fact, the general, who was known to be strict and quite imposing, easily accepted M.

J's family saw a different J when he and M visited. The once scowling, stubborn, and spoiled brat was now smiling! It was like a total transformation!

---

"Dude..." Carlo met up with J at the hospital café.

"...uy!" J replied. They had not seen each other for a few weeks.

"Kanina ka pa tulala dyan. Okay ka lang? How's M?"

"Ah..oo...she's fine...magaling na yung mga sugat nya from the jellyfish sting...kaso lang..."

"Kaso lang ano?" Carlo leaned back on his chair.

"...ang dami kasing kaso ng rashes ngayon..."

"Summer e...mainit...ang dami ko ring pasyente na nag c complain ng rashes dahil sa pawis..."

"...hindi lang sa pawis nakukuha ang rashes e...meron din na viral..."

"...true..."

"Kanina lang, tatlong bata ang may UTI dahil sa diaper rash...meron din na may tigdas..." J recalled the patients he examined prior to their meet up.

"Immunized ka naman diba?" Carlo asked.

"Oo...di ko lang sure kung si M nagka-tigdas na...di naman namin napag-usapan e..."

"Oh...well, I guess your best defense is to be extra hygienic..."