57

A while longer, they are back on the sofa watching TV. M lays her head on J's lap as he runs his fingers through her hair. They're watching TV and some cheesy commercial comes on. J bends down and kisses M's temple. M turns and adjusts herself so she is on her back. She puckers up and J gives her another smack on the lips.

"Love you..." M says.

"Love you, too..." J replies.

M readjusts her position so she is facing the TV again. J's hand has now moved from M's head to her shoulder and torso. A few minutes more and he is gently caressing and squeezing M's bumbee. M wiggled a little then she suddenly stood up and ran into her room. She slammed the door.

J was startled by M's movements and followed her into the bedroom. "Pangga..."

M sat on her bed hugging Buddy Bear, burying her face into its soft fur. J sat beside her. "What's the matter? Hindi naman suspense yung pinapanood natin ah..."

"...nakakahiya...kadiri...nakakahiya..." M's voice was soft as it was breaking. J put his arm over M's shoulder.

"Shh..it's okay...normal naman yun e..."

"...love mo pa rin ako?"

"Oo naman...love na love..."

"Kahit na umutot ako? Kahit na mabaho ang utot ko?"

"...may utot bang mabango? Nakalimutan mo ata na sa line of work natin, napaka-natural na nangyayari yung mga ganun lalo na sa mga bata. Ang adults, pag may nararamdaman, magsasabi, eh ang bata, usually after thought na sila kung magsabi, diba?"

"Hmm...sorry ha...kala ko kasi di malakas e...eh what if...tapos biglang may nautot sa ating dalawa, will you love me less?" M realizes how ridiculous her reaction was so she slowly peeked out from buddy bear.

"No, love pa rin kita"

"...it can happen...mag-excuse me nalang yung utoter..."

"...Ututer talaga?"

"Oo...kasi yung nakaamoy, ututee..."

They laugh at this corny joke. J leaves the room to turn the TV off.

---

"Where do we sleep tonight?" J asks as he reenters M's room.

"...dito nalang..."

J lays down in bed and M snuggles and cuddles with him, burying her face in his nookie. "...bango naman..."

J smiles and begins to massage M's bumbee again.