39

"Siya ang housemate ni Meng?" Celia whispered and nudged Nestor when they heard Rj introduce himself to the grandparents.

But before Nestor could reply, he sprang from where they were seated in the kitchen to the living room to assist Papa who had fainted.

Nestor and Celia along with Rj, Nic, and Bella, were able to lift Papa to lie down on the sofa. While Rj got the stethoscope that Nic gifted him from his bag, Nic assisted Mama to sit on the armchair by Papa's head. Celia ran back to the kitchen to get a glass of water while Nestor moved and adjusted the electric fan nearby.

Doctor Richard and Nurse Belle immediately got to work. Nic knew that she shouldn't interfere with what was going on especially because it was her grandfather who was the 'patient'.

"Teodoro..." Mama whimpered. "Wag mo akong i-iwan..."

Nic tried to console her grandmother as Rj and Belle worked.

"Sir..." Rj said while gently nudging Papa.

"Teodoro Capelli" Nic said.

"Mr. Capelli" Rj repeated.

"Pa...ay! Sir!" Belle said. Rj looked at Belle in confusion.

A few moments later, Papa comes around and turns his head toward Nic. "Meng...Menggay ko..."

"Papa" Nic takes Papa's hand and caresses it.

A few minutes later, Papa is assisted to sit on the sofa and Mama joins him.

"Marian, hindi pa ako mamamatay. Ayoko pa sundan si Mayang"

"Pa..." Nic reacted.

"Ano? Wala pa akong nakitang liwanag kanina. Nabigla lang ako at nahimatay. At etong si...ano nga ulit ang pangalan mo?"

"Richard po...Rj"

"Arnold...Marian, bukas na bukas, ipapasok natin si Menggay sa kumbento!"

"Pa!" Nic yelped.

"Teodoro!"

Rj looked at them then slowly spoke, "Wala po akong masamang balak sa anak..."

"Apo namin si Menggay...anak sya nung anak namin na si Diana...si Mayang..." Mama explained.

"Ma'am, Sir, you have my word, I promise not to harm Meng..."

---

They went to mass as planned but Rj took his own car while Nic and Belle rode with Mama and Papa. At church, Rj remained standing near the church doors while Nic and her family sat on the pew near the altar.

 At church, Rj remained standing near the church doors while Nic and her family sat on the pew near the altar

---

After mass, they went back to the share house. While Celia prepared the food, sat around the dining table while M and J automatically set the table.  In spite not being together physically in the house at the same time, they worked well together.