66

J always enjoyed and looked forward to M's massages especially if he had a long and difficult day at work. He noticed however, that her strokes were getting rougher and heavier. When she got to junjun and santi, he yelped when she suddenly squeezed and pinched him.

"PANGGA!" J said as he swatted M's hand away and rubbed his skin.

"Bakit?" M replied with a blank expression.

"Anong bakit? Masakit yon!"

"Ang alin?"

"Hello! Earth to Nicomaine!"

"Ikaw pa ang galit?"

"Galit? Paanong ako ang galit? O sige, galit ako kasi sinaktan mo ako. Sinaktan mo ang junjun at santi ko." J said as he sat up, turning his back at M.

M sat up and rested her chin on J's shoulder as she reached over and tried rubbing and stroking junjun and santi again. J was still sore and miffed, he stood up and proceeded to put on a pair of shorts.

"Huy!"

"Anong huy? Kanina lang kinurot mo ako, ngayon naman huy? Wala man lang sorry?"

"Ehh..."

"Ano?" J said as he got a shirt and put it on.

"...totoo ba?"

"Ang ano?"

"...sabi nila may iba kang girl...kaya ka pumunta sa States kasi andun yung girl mo...may baby kayo kaya ka nagpaalam na magstay ng ilang days pa..." M said, her voice cracking as she spoke; pausing every now and then.

"Susmaryosep! That was months ago. The conference is an annual thing. I've always attended that conference. Oo, may mga nakikilala akong mga babae, mga doctor na colleagues ko sa pediatrics. Ikaw rin naman ah, may nakikilala kang male nurses and colleagues sa mga seminar at conferences na inaantendan mo, diba?" J glared at M. "...you know very well that I have not kept anything from you. You know about my past, everything that's been happening to me. Lagi ko naman kinukwento lahat sa yo ah. Don't tell me na wala pala akong kausap every night at every day..." J huffed. He didn't wait for M to reply. He picked up his pillow from the bed and stormed out of the room.

M stood up and got dressed. She went out of the room in search for J. This was their first night back together in one 'house'. Since their engagement, they've moved to a more permanent home in an exclusive subdivision. It was a gift from J's parents. Mommy and Daddy had also decided to retire in the Philippines to be closer to J. They bought a house and lot in another subdivision. M went to the den where J normally stayed when he wanted to be alone. It was dark and empty. Even the bathroom was dark. She checked the other rooms but found them empty, too. Sad and angry at herself, M retreated back to their bedroom and went to sleep.

M turned on the bed but was surprised to feel J's side cold. She opened her eyes and noticed that his side of the bed was empty and untouched. M sat up and rubbed her face and felt the crust from her dried-up tears on her eyes and side of her face.