6

A week after Nic's last few blisters healed completely, she was allowed to go out of the house again. Luckily for her, she didn't have too many visible scars unlike Belle.

"Eww! What happened to you?" Clarice made a face when she saw Nic and Belle at the park. Although they went to the same school, Clarice wasn't Nic or Belle's classmate and she didn't ride the school service.

"Chicken pox" Nic replied.

"Ay! And you're here? Dapat you're home, diba?"

"Magaling na kami pareho..." Belle answered.

"Pareho? So you mean you got sick sabay?" Clarice's eyes widened.

"Oo"

"Eh diba ikaw rin?" Brianna said. Clarice actually had a chicken pox scare over the weeks when Nic and Belle had the illness. She developed rashes and was brought to the emergency room but it turned out to be an allergy to something she ate. That afternoon was only the 2nd day she had been allowed to go out again.

"What are you talking about? I only had a rash..."

"Rash daw...sabi ng Mama ko, nagka-allergy ka daw kasi kinain mo yung nasirang sandwich na dapat ata ibibigay mo kay Rj..."

"Eh I didn't see him e..."

"Pero kinain mo pa rin..." Ashley said.

"...we're not talking about me...we're talking about them..." Clarice said, trying to return the conversation about Belle and Nic.

"Hindi ba kayo nagkasakit?" Belle asked Ashley and Brianna.

The girls mentioned that they had had chicken pox when they were younger. When the 'outbreak' happened at school, they didn't get infected.

"Ikaw Clarice?" Nic asked.

"What about me?"

"Nagka-chicken pox ka na ba?"

"...ah..yeah...yeah..." Clarice said although she started to think if she did. "Ay wait! We have to go..." Clarice immediately said. She saw Rj and Carlo biking towards the park.

---

"Bakit ba dito tayo sa chapel magp-park ng mga bike?" Carlo asked.

"Dahil andito yung mga bike stand?" Rj said as they adjusted and locked their bikes.

"Meron din dun sa kabila..." Carlo replied.

"Malayo...o, mauna ka na dun sa bleachers, CR lang ako. " Rj said when he heard voices inside the chapel. "...andyan na kaya sya?"