73

"Oh, good you're home. Check the things I put out on your bed and desk."

"...the boxes in the hallway?"

"Yes. The hospital's charity drive."

"Okay."

"Tell your brother"

Kitty rolls her eyes, drops her head backwards, and softly grunts, "okaaay"

"Sus! Di ka pa ba sanay dun? You were the one who gave him his nickname, remember?"

"How can I forget? He gave me mine..." Kitty says as she goes off to find her brother, Sebastian. Sebastian's real nickname was Bachi while Kitty was called "Teana" (Tina). The twins gave each other different nicknames which became their names at home and with some close family and friends.

Bachi started calling Teana, Kitty because she was very active as a child. She never seemed to stop moving and was always full of energy. Her parents even feared that she would not be able to 'survive' and keep still in a classroom but surprisingly, Teana earned top honors.

"I'm hilo na with you! From now on, I'm calling you, Kiti-Kiti!" Bachi said. They were (trying) to watch Lilo and Stitch, their favorite. Since they've already seen the movie many times, Teana already memorized many parts of the movie. She was re-enacting almost every scene.

"Ah! And I will now call you, Ba-o" (turtle, Ilonggo)

"Ba-o?" Bachi sat up from the couch, looking at Teana quizzically.

"Turtle!" Teana grinned. "You're so quiet and barely move!"

"Eh why ba?"

"Sabagay, your part of the village tennis team. Sabi ni coach, he wants you to join the next tournament"

"Let's see. We also have choir pa. Reminds me, can you fix your singing?"

"Sama mo!"

"Malas kong I have a sister who's a kiti-kiti na, sintunado pa"

Teana sticks her tongue out at Bachi. She doesn't quite know what he means.

---

"Mom, Bachi says my name should be Kiti-kiti..." Teana says at the dinner table.

Bachi throws her a sharp scowl. Teana wants to kick him and stick her tongue out at Bachi, who is seated next to her but she knows that their parents would not like it. She just frowns.

"Eh you want to call me 'Turle'"

"Ba-o" Teana corrects him.