Clint Barton- Love (c)

Although you and Clint were amazing fighters and an impeccable team, every time you trained recently, you seemed to be failing and doing terribly. Even the simplest moves and manoeuvres were being ruined by the two of you and no matter how hard you tried, you seemed to be failed by your own ability. You could see that Clint was doing badly too but you found it far easier to judge your own ability instead of that of your partner, but it was becoming too much to not say anything. You hoped that he hadn't realised that you were becoming useless but now it was becoming clear that you weren't the only one worrying about it.

It wasn't completely obvious to you about why it was happening at first but when you realised that your heart began to beat faster around him, you realised that maybe your interest in him was past that of friends.

"What's going on?" Clint asked when you fell onto the mat for what felt like the hundredth time for that day.

"What do you mean?" You questioned.

"Well, you've been sucking lately, are you distracted."

Rather than admit your feelings and try to face the problem, you decided to become defensive and try to ward off having to come to terms with the issue for a little longer.

"You can talk, you've barely hit your targets all day," you snapped. "If one of us is distracted, then it's you."

"I can't tell you what's distracting me," he stated.

You instantly softened. Not only were you in love with him but you had been work partners for a long time and were good friends, you hoped that he could trust you with anything.

"Hey, Clint," you smiled softly. "You can trust me with what's going on."

He decided to take his shot. It wasn't what he wanted to do but he was done hiding from everything.

"I think I might be falling in love with you," he admitted.

It felt as though your heart had skipped a beat, as if the world took a pause to let you sit in the beautiful moment that meant so much to you.

"I think that I love you too," you smiled. "So much and it scares me."

Clint relaxed instantly as a smile curled up onto his lips.

"I guess that explains a lot," he chuckled.

"I guess it does," you shrugged. "Do you think if we go out for dinner tonight, we could try to get back in our game?"

He nodded his head. "I think it'll be worth the try."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.