Natasha Romanoff- Spider (c)

Although your girlfriend was an avenger, you prided yourself in not being reliant on her to protect you from everything in the world, seen as she was already busy protecting the world, she didn't need to do the same for you. Natasha was relaxing downstairs whilst you were getting ready for the day in the bathroom when your general need to be independent flew out of the window along with all of your dignity.

You had been in the middle of your shower when you noticed something below the tap for the bath. You took a second to see if it was just a clump of hair or maybe even some dirt but when you noticed the legs sprouting from its sides and the fact that it began to walk down towards the shallow water at your feet, you knew it was neither of those. Without a second thought, you opened the shower curtain, allowing the water from the shower to no longer be contained and jumped from the bath. You ignored the towel hanging on the back of the door and instead ran onto the landing with your skin bare apart from the water dripping down you.

"Natasha," you screamed.

Her name repeatedly escaped you as you slipped across the linoleum of the landing, bumping heavily into the opposite door, narrowly saving yourself from tumbling down the stairs. Natasha rushed upstairs, having never heard you sound so panicked and combining that with the sound of you slamming into the door, she could only think of the worst.

"What happened?" She asked as she reached the top of the stairs.

You did your best to catch your breath. "Help me!"

She grabbed hold of you, helping you stay stood up. She turned her attention to the open bathroom door, seeing the shower still running and the steam escaping out into the hallway.

"What's wrong?"

You pointed a finger back into the bathroom.

Natasha rushed into the bathroom, throwing out one of the towels to you. She flung back the last bit of the shower curtain, assuming she'd find an intruder there but instead it was empty. Turning off the shower, she returned to you on the landing.

"Spider," you squeaked, clinging onto the towel, tentatively stepping towards the bathroom door.

She shot you an unimpressed look. Although she was relieved that there wasn't imminent danger, she was also a little annoyed that she had become so worried over a mere spider.

"Y/N," she frowned. "I thought you were in danger."

"I was."

With a roll of her eyes, she scooped up the spider and threw it out of the open window to save you from the danger that you felt like you had been in.

"Dry up the landing," she sighed. "And next time, tell me it's a spider, not make me think you were being murdered."

You offered her a gentle, innocent smile. "What would I do without you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.