Natasha Romanoff- Return (c)

You had been forced to get used to Natasha disappearing for short periods and you knew it was an important part of her work. Since moving to the secluded Norway safe house, she hadn't gone anywhere, you had been able to be a couple, a real couple that normally would be interrupted by her going on missions with the Avengers. Things had been good for the two of you for a while until she disappeared.

Natasha had said she would be back soon but when she wasn't back the next day, you headed out to look for her, where you found her car completely wrecked but without sign of Natasha. You had no idea what was going on and you could only hope that she had a reason to disappear and that there wasn't foul play involved.

It had been several months of you living alone in the safe house and no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't find information on Natasha, leaving you to accept that maybe she wouldn't return. You had done your best to adapt to this new life, but you couldn't help but miss and long for her.

You had just put on the kettle when you heard a knock at the front door. No one was meant to know you were there and anyone who would come to visit would give you fair warning. You grabbed your gun and peaked through the spyhole. Your heart leaped up into your throat.

The gun fell onto the table next to the door as you swung it open.

Natasha stood there with a weak smile, cuts and bruises a plenty. You couldn't say anything but pulled her into the tightest hug you could muster, desperate to know that she was real and was home.

You welcomed her home happily and listened patiently as she told you about what had happened. She told you of her family, of the destruction of the red room; she told you everything that had happened whilst she was away and apologised for it all.

"I'm sorry that I left you to worry," she said, cupping your cheek. "I didn't mean to be gone for so long, I just couldn't put you in danger by contacting you."

"It's okay," you smiled. "This was far more important than me. You had so much to do and I'm beyond proud that you managed to actually destroy that horrible place. I'm just happy that you're back now though."

"I'm glad too. I just want to relax and be with you," she whispered.

You agreed with her and let her curl up in your arms to sit silently, letting the worry and panic you'd felt for the last few months dissipate and return the happiness to you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.