Shuri- Glove (a)

"Just try it!" Shuri begged with wide innocent eyes and a devilish smile. "I need to test it on somebody, and I promise it wont hurt... okay it will hurt a little but you will barely feel anything." She fitted the tight, black glove onto her hand and pulled the fabric up her wrist. She flexed her fingers out when she contracted them back into a fist an arc of electric jumped across several pads on the knuckles.

"Let me get this right, you want me to just stand here and let you punch me while you're wearing those... things?" She nodded with a cheeky grin as she pulled the other glove onto her hand. "Can't you develop like some kind of training dummy or hire somebody to do this? We have the whole Wakanda military at our beck and call."

"Yes." She scoffed. "And they are all too busy defending our country to be doing the job of stupid older sibling, correct?" You thought about all the times you enjoyed your life before stepping into the centre of the podium, all the time you truly didn't appreciate life for what it truly was. "Do you not want your protection?" You rushed over to her as she gestured to an empty table.

"What's this?" You asked as you frantically searched under the table, on the table, everywhere you could think of. "There's nothing here..."

"Stupid, you really thought didn't you?" Shuri laughed. "I need to know how this works against you and the conductivity of your skin." You closed your eyes, tensed up every part of your body that you knew how and stood in anticipation. You heard Shuri reel her arm back, her fist flew through the air and landed just underneath your ribs. To begin with it felt like just a punch from your younger sister, a slight sting. Slowly however you felt your body almost stealing the energy from her glove, your muscles vibrated with an electric hum and you felt as if your body was going to explode into fleshy fragments. At the point where it had become unbearable you were sent flying through the air and off the podium, landing harshly on the padded mats Shuri had laid out. In your almost concussed haze you heard cheers of joy and self-congratulation.

"So it worked then?" You called out through hazy speech.

"I think I need to tune up the voltage so it packs a bit more of a... punch. Come back this time tomorrow for me."

~*~

Written by Aaron.