Loki Laufeyson- Panic (c)

For most of the world the pandemic was the weirdest thing that happened in their lives, whilst for the most part the weirdest part of your life was that your boyfriend was a god. Loki had his problems, more than most, and you did your best to not think about them or you'd go mad, but to you he was a loving and caring partner. He didn't really understand a large percentage of your modern world, but he did his best to take upon his role within it.

Your work had moved to online, resulting in common zoom meetings which was equally good and bad. You appreciated that you could keep pyjama bottoms on and not bother with the commute to work, but it did feel isolating to be stuck at your home away from everyone.

Once again you were sat at your desk, pretending to listen to your meeting but in reality, you were stuck in your own mind, panic racing through your head. You weren't new to panic attacks, but you didn't particularly want anyone else to know. Loki knew. He didn't really know the psychology behind a panic attack, but he knew hoe to help you and that's all that really mattered.

As you begun to struggle to keep your breathing straight, you quickly hit mute and turned off your camera, prepared to take the flack from your boss later. Before you had even pushed your chair back from your desk, Loki had made his way over to stand beside you.

Loki crouched before you, resting his hands on your knees.

"Is it happening again?" He questioned.

You nodded your head. Loki moved to take your hands in his as he gently ran his thumbs over the back of them. He spoke to you in a soft tone that you had only ever heard him use when speaking with you, his gentle side blossoming just for you.

"Listen to my voice and try to copy my breathing," he said softly.

You did as you were told, not taking in any of his words but focusing just on the sounds of his voice. By the time his voice started making sense to you, you realised your breathing was no longer erratic and you didn't feel the uncontrollable panic in your mind anymore.

"Thank you," you whispered.

He looked you over head to toe, trying to see whether he should continue to feel concerned for you.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You nodded your head again. "You always help me."

~*~

Written by charlotte.

Marvel Imagines, Preferences, One Shots etc. IVजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें