Loki Laufeyson- Contender (a)

"Does my bumbling oaf of a brother really think he stands any chance out there? Look at him! This must be what... the first time he's actually had people cheering for him?" Loki leaned forward eagerly, resting his pale brown liquor against his restless leg. "As if he thinks he's going to win anyway. This isn't Earth or even Asgard for that matter, what is he really trying to achieve here?"

"I don't know, I reckon he stands a pretty decent chance, how many times have you fought against him?" Loki shrugged and brought the sparkling tumbler to his lips.

"I don't know, an immeasurable amount though to be sure and that's only counting the times that we easily could have killed one and other." He finished the remainder of his drink and sat the empty glass on a passing waitress's tray with a subtle nod and a charm filled smile. "If you want to include the scuffs and children and what have you I don't think even the most observant could keep track."

"And of those uncountable events Loki, how many of them have you won?" His slender head turned slightly and if his piercing side glance could kill you, you would have been little more than another pile of homogenous good on the floor. "Exactly, so why don't you have just a little bit of faith in your brother, after all, has he not saved Asgard countless times? Even from the likes of you."

"All I'm saying is the Grandmasters Champion must be undefeated for a reason and Thor is... well he's Thor. He can have his thunder and his hair and whatever but deep down what is he without his hammer?" Loki's eyes widened as the grainy projection of the Grandmaster was cast upon the stadium and the hordes of spectators rumbled in a deep anticipation. "Whoever this champion is I hope he teaches my brother a little humility, you can at least admit that a little humbleness wouldn't hurt."

"Humility? Ha! You can talk, look at yourself. You are on Sakaar for less than a week and already you think that you own the whole planet. Count yourself lucky you earned the Grandmaster's favour or that could be you down there and let's face it, I know which of you two holds the best chance of not making a mockery of yourself."

"Hmm. I was intelligent enough to end up on this side of the fighting pit."

"Right... humble."

~*~

Written by Aaron.