Bucky Barnes- Cat (c)

Since you and your boyfriend, Bucky, had brought your cat into your home, you had failed to have a moment to yourself, having a little four-legged shadow at your heels constantly. Your cat rarely left your side and kept you company through everything you did, whether they were more of a hinderance than anything else. Regardless of whether you wanted a cat constantly running behind you, you were glad to have them in your life even if it meant you could no longer pee without someone watching you.

You had been doing the laundry when you realised that you hadn't seen the cat in a while. You had a moment of panic and searched through the laundry in the machine, scared the cat had crawled in with the clothes but they weren't there. You looked around the room, searching anywhere that you considered a good cat hiding place and called out their name as you tried your best to try and find them. The cat didn't seem to be anywhere, so you feared that something bad had happened to them and begun to extend your search around the house.

Looking through rooms, you headed to the living room to see if Bucky had seen the cat or if he could help you in your search.

You sped into the room, letting your words flow as you rushed towards him.

"Hey, have you seen the...? Oh."

Your words fell short with your sentence having become lost at your lips. The question was no longer necessary as you had answered it for yourself. On the sofa sat your boyfriend Bucky who was watching television and on his lap was the cat, curled up and content, napping away the afternoon.

"Are you okay?" Bucky questioned, raising an eyebrow at you, not sure what your erratic behaviour was for.

"I lost the cat, and I had no idea where they were, but you have answered my question," you smiled softly. "That's the first time they've been out of my vicinity without screaming her little head off."

He shrugged his shoulders. "They just came in here and fell asleep. Normally they can't stand being around me, but they just fell on top of me. I wanted you to see them sleeping but I didn't want to bother them."

You let out a content sigh, glad to see them getting along for once.

"Maybe she will be your little shadow from now on."

"I hope not."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.