Carol Danvers- Emergency (c)

As soon as you found out that you had to go to a meeting at work, you knew it was going to be boring and you were going to hate every single second of it. You had complained to your girlfriend the whole night and morning before you headed to work, as you just wanted it to be cancelled and not result in you having to go to sit in a warm uncomfortable room with all of your colleagues, listening to your boss talk about something that he could have just emailed you all about.

Sadly, nothing bad happened before the meeting and you ended up sat in an uncomfortable chair at the table, pretending to give a shit about whatever he was talking about. You could tell most of your colleagues were in the same position, just sat there either picking their nails or scribbling on paper in incoherent words or badly designed doodles.

Your boss continued to talk monotonously until a knock came to the door, giving everyone hope for even a second of a break from everything. The door opened revealing the receptionist with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but there is a young lady at the desk requesting Y/N, due to a family emergency."

Your eyes widened, scared as to what happened to result in someone coming to your work to get you, something that had never occurred before. You turned to your boss who dismissively gestured to you to leave. Grabbing your stuff, you quickly shuffled past your colleagues to exit the room, not able to enjoy your escape, rather thinking through every possible thing that could have resulted in someone arriving at the desk.

When you reached the desk, you saw Carol stood there. She looked fine, as if there was no concern but you feared what she had to tell you.

"What's the emergency?" You asked.

She grabbed your hand and dragged you from the office, not responding to what you were saying, no matter how many times you tried to ask her what the emergency was.

"Carol! Please just tell me what the emergency is?"

You tried to stop walking but she continued to pull you along by the hand to force you to continue to walk.

"I needed to save you," she grinned.

You cocked an eyebrow at her. "What?"

"You said the meeting was going to be boring, so I thought I should save you from such boredom," she shrugged.

"So, there isn't an emergency?"

She shook her head. You rolled your eyes at her, pressing your lips to hers.

"Thank you for saving me. You're my hero."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.