Natasha Romanoff- Pregnant (c)

One thing that you had always known was important for Natasha was wanting to be a mother. She knew that there was no natural way to have a child and put all her energy into being the best aunt possible. When the two of you got together you knew that you were going to do everything you could to make sure the two of you were happy and you knew that bringing a child into your family was going to be a big step in that. You considered your options until you settled on a sperm donor whilst you carried the child. Several rounds of artificial insemination attempted and failed until you go to the latest one, waiting for the result to come in.

Both Natasha and you were starting to give up hope but when you went to the appointment to see your doctor, you got the answer that you had been desperately longing for. You rushed home as quickly as you could, knowing that Natasha would already be home from training.

"Nat!" You called, slamming the front door behind you, rushing through the hallway.

"Are you okay?" She responded.

Maybe screaming her name wasn't the best option but you were too excited to think about the responses to such a thing. Natasha joined you in the hallway, concerned by your outburst in entering the home.

"I'm amazing," you grinned. "It finally worked, I'm pregnant."

You couldn't contain the joy within you as you practically jumped up and down, grasping onto her hands with pure excitement. It had taken so long for things to go the way that you wanted, and you knew that Natasha had been excited to have a child. You expected Natasha to at least smile when she learnt of the good news, but her expression fell as she took a step back from you.

"Are you not excited?" You questioned.

"I... I don't think I'm ready," she whispered.

"We've been trying for over a year, what do you mean you're not ready?" You asked.

"I'm not a good person. I'm a goddamn assassin Y/N, how can I be a good mother?"

You offered her a gentle smile, taking her hands back and giving them a tight squeeze.

"I want you to see yourself the way that I see you," you smiled. "I see an intelligent and ambitious woman who never lets her past define her. I think that's a perfect sign of a mother, someone who doesn't let anything define them and knows that second chances are valid and sometimes better than the first."

"Do you really think we can do this?" She asked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "Maybe. Worse people have had children, and we've had to work to get this far. As long as we can stay as a team and love them with all of our hearts, then I think we're going to do well."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.