Darcy Lewis- Television (c)

The job you held at S.W.O.R.D. was well paying and overall you enjoyed it but working alongside your girlfriend Darcy was also helpful. You had known each other before both working there but spending time together in your occupation helped guide you together into the relationship that you currently cherished.

You carried a bowl of popcorn back over to your girlfriend who was already set up in front of the television. If she didn't still have her work ID hanging from her neck, you wouldn't have believed that she was at work. Her shoes had been discarded under her chair, leaving her mismatched socks upon her feet and she had lost her blazer to the crumpled pile on the floor.

"You do remember that this is work, right?" You asked, plopping down beside her.

She rolled her eyes at you, taking a handful of the popcorn and stuffing it in her mouth, not caring that a few pieces fell down her front, scattering onto the floor. Darcy went to speak but no words escaped, instead she coughed and spluttered, the noises only seizing after a large gulp of her drink.

"I can't watch TV if I'm uncomfortable," she stated, her voice slightly strained from the coughing.

"It's not watching TV," you corrected. "We need to try and find a way to get through to Wanda, it just so happens to entail watching a television to do so."

Darcy shrugged her shoulders, shuffling in her seat to cozy up to you at the desk. It may have been two chairs pushed together for you to sit by the desk and watch the screen, but she was doing her best to pretend it was actually the two of you curled up on your sofa at home watching tv like normal.

"I'm just trying to make the most of my workday."

It was your turn to roll your eyes.

"It's a pretty cozy job without having to pretend it's a movie night."

"Don't be a party pooper," she berated. "And anyway, for all of Wanda's faults in what she is doing currently, she certainly knows how to make a decent TV show."

She continued to eat the popcorn. You had to hold your tongue to not correct her; there were just too any things in her sentence that weren't factually correct and frankly you weren't quick to ruin the fantasy world that Darcy was in.

~*~

Written by Charlotte