Darcy Lewis- Parents (c)

You had only been in a relationship with Darcy for a short while and were still in the period where you discussed your previous relationships and used them as fun anecdotes. Neither of you had been with many other people before your current relationship but the ones you had been in made decent enough stories for you to share over a glass of wine.

"And the worst time was when we went to his parents for dinner so that he could introduce me," Darcy explained, taking a sip of her wine.

"Meeting the parents is never the easiest thing."

Neither of you had met the other's parents yet but you knew it would be a step you'd have to face soon but until then, you didn't bother worrying too much about it.

"I've had bad meeting the parent's experiences but this one was probably my worst," she sighed. "He'd told his parents that I was a woman in STEM, which I am, but they didn't take kindly to the fact that I was focused on social sciences."

"I know the type."

She nodded her head. "Obviously it was just a stupid girl subject and not a real science. They were both physicists and mocked me for the whole evening and he found it rather funny. I didn't see any of them again."

You couldn't help but give her a sympathetic smile. Some people were truly the worst and those that deemed anything below cold hold sciences as a lesser subject to focus your time on were some of those who bothered you the most.

"Well, you know, I think my parents would be proud if I brought you home," you said, taking hold of her hand.

Darcy cocked an eyebrow at you. "I highly doubt that parents never seem to like me."

You shook your head, putting your wine glass down onto the coffee table so that you could rest your other hand atop the one that was already holding hers.

"I know mine would. I'd be proud to take you to meet them and I know they'd feel the same. They don't care what you do for work, or anything trivial, as long as you make me happy and aren't an asshole, they will think you're amazing."

"But I am an asshole."

You let out a laugh. "Yeah, but so am I. You're one of the good kind of assholes, that won't let people be dicks to you but aren't going to push someone down a curb."

"I guess."

"I know."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.