Bucky Barnes- Oak Tree (c)

Sometimes you had to question how you ended up in a situation. You didn't know if you wronged someone in a previous life or were just being tested by a higher power, but the number of times in your life you had ended up letting out an exasperated sigh, not sure how things got to such a point, had completely escaped you.

The day hadn't started well. You had wondered where your cat was when she didn't rush to her bowl at her breakfast time and when you peered out the cracked open window, you found exactly where the cat was. She wasn't sat on the table as she did most of her time in the garden, rather she was meowing from the oak tree.

You had rushed to your boyfriend, Bucky, knowing that his friend (not that he would have classed him as a friend), Sam was more than capable of getting the cat from the tree due to spending a good majority of his time flying and being off of the stability of ground. When you suggested that he phoned Sam, he stuck up his nose at the comment and assured you that he could rescue the cat on his own.

One thing that he didn't consider was that he and the cat had a rockier relationship than he had with Sam. When Bucky decided to climb the tree, it didn't take long before he was hanging from a large branch with his metal hand, whilst the flesh one attempted to reach out to the cat who was doing her very best to attack it. Every time he reached out to her, she would try to attack him, making him retreat from the rescue attempt. You had seen Bucky fight the most terrifying things, yet here he was scared by a tiny cat.

Seen as Bucky didn't want to get out of the tree until he had the cat and the cat wasn't going to let him get her easily, you took the step you should have half an hour earlier and phoned Sam to now come rescue not only the cat but also the super soldier that were both now trapped in the oak tree.

Sam arrived and it didn't take him a moment before he started to laugh uncontrollably at the sight he saw before him.

"I'll save the cat," he chuckled. "But he's staying up there."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.