Bucky Barnes- Walk (c)

With the world being completely insane with half the world snapped away and brought back five years later, you still didn't think that within that insanity, you would start dating a super soldier. If you hadn't heard the story of his life from his own lips, you would never have believed it but with so much from the past of Bucky's life, you were glad to now be part of it, hoping that you'd be something good in it. It certainly seemed that way when the two of you dated for four years and were now living together and happier than ever.

Even with happy years together under your belt, you were excited to spend anytime together, and made sure to have dates as often as you could, even if they were just putting extra effort into a romantic dinner in your apartment. Today was one of your dates to one of your favourite parts of town where you liked to walk together and pop into one of the cafes or restaurants for a meal together. The two of you walked arm in arm off towards the secluded end of your normal walk before you would wrap around and walk back, stopping into the current choice of place for food.

As normal you had been chatting and laughing but as you continued the conversation you started to notice that Bucky was clamming up. You were used to him being relatively reserved but this wasn't how he normally acted, rather he seemed to be nervous. Although you were aware of it, you didn't pry, instead keeping it to the side of your mind to see if it worsened. It did. His pace slowed as you came to where you'd normally start heading back as his free hand started rummaging through his pocket.

"Y/N," he croaked, clearing his throat afterwards. "I... I wanted to speak with you."

"You can talk to me about anything, Buck, what's wrong?"

He took a second before a soft smile pulled at his lips.

"I'm falling more in love with you every day. I remember when I first met you and it was love at first sight, but now I can't even fathom how I could have thought that was love when I feel so much stronger for you now. I can't believe that I prove myself wrong everyday when I think I couldn't love you more because I always can, and I always do. There have been so little good moments in anything for years, but since I've been with you, none of that matters and I cannot imagine anything good could ever happen if I were to not have you at my side. Would you please do me the honour of being my wife and staying by my side for the rest of our lives?"

You couldn't help but grin as he got down on one knee, showing you the ring that he had been searching for in his pocket.

"Of course, I'll marry you," you smiled. "I bloody love you, you idiot."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.