Yelena Belova- Road Trip (c)

With Yelena's 'job', you both had to move around quite often. The two of you had set up base in Denver, Colorado for the last few months but once the job she was on was completed, she promised you a break from moving around at the drop of the hat and knew somewhere that the two of you could have a break from the world. You were fully supportive of her, but that was what you really wanted to have- just the two of you. Yelena didn't tell you too much, just that it was near Calgary and seen as you had always wanted to see Canada, you didn't feel the need to pry too much.

She had promised you seclusion and she was going to assure that happened, but to do that she wanted to keep the paper trail as small as possible. You weren't the biggest fan of a road trip that long but if it meant you got Yelena to yourself, you could put up with the drive.

You started the drive, heading up near Douglas, Wyoming before you needed a pee break and to grab a caffeine top up. With a heck of a lot of caffeine in your body, you continued the drive across the Wyoming Montana border, finally getting sick of staring at the road and listening to your passenger DJ's choice in music. Yelena was far more used to long drives and had also slept a couple of hours of the journey thus far so was glad to take over.

By the time she hit the border into Canada, you had stopped once more and the night was starting to truly set in. there was still a few more hours worth of driving before you hit the main city of Calgary, let alone wherever Yelena had planned for the two of you. You tried to insist on taking maybe a nap break or possibly going to a motel, but Yelena was happy to continue driving, so you let yourself succumb to the persistent desire to slumber that was over taking you.

When you woke up it was still dark and you didn't recognise the rural surroundings that the car passed through.

"Where are we?" You croaked, your throat dry and sore from your snoring.

Yelena peered at you through the corner of her eye.

"Another twenty minutes and we'll hit the border," she stated.

Your head was still fuzzy from sleep, but you were pretty sure that you had passed through the border before you fell asleep, or maybe you had dreamed it. Yelena noticed the confusion on your face as she stared at you through the rear-view mirror.

She let out a chuckle. "I'm only joking. We left Calgary about an hour ago, we shall be there in the next half an hour."

You tiredly glared at her, as you snuggled back down into your jacket in your seat, trying to fight your tired eyes to stare at the night-time nature around you on the final trek of your journey.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request