Bucky Barnes- Hold Me (c)

How were you meant to stay happy and calm when the man you loved was about to leave to risk his life? You had no idea if tonight would be the last night, you would see him, but you couldn't blame him as he had no choice but to leave. The war was destroying so much, and they needed young men to fight, sadly Bucky would be one of them.

You had tried your best to act as if it wasn't the only thing you could think of, that it wasn't infiltrating your sleep and breaking your heart. You couldn't imagine what was going through his head, but you couldn't imagine he was exactly calm or happy about risking his life, but he was doing a good job at keeping it inside.

The two of you had dinner before you excused yourself to go to bed early as you were struggling to keep up the façade of your brave face. You had been lying in bed for a matter of minutes, trying to keep your tears in when Bucky entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I know you're upset," he said softly, resting a hand on your side. "How can I help you, Doll?"

Just hearing the pet name made you squeak in emotional pain as you feared that you may never hear him call you it again. Tears brimmed in your eyes as you tried your best to conceal how much pain and emotion raged within you.

"Can you just please hold me?" You whispered, trying not to sniffle or choke back the sob that wanted to escape.

Bucky silently complied. He laid down next to you, wrapping his arms around you from behind, holding you as close to him as he possibly could. You held onto his arms as they wrapped around your middle, trying to cling onto him and hope that he would never let you go. Bucky wished he would never have to, he never wanted to have you out of his reach, always wanting to have you there but neither of you had any control over that.

Neither of you said anything more, too scared to break the fantasy of blissful joy you had in each other's arms. Silent tears fell from both of you, both aware of the others sorrow but knowing there wasn't any escape from the pain only ignoring the truth until the sun rose.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.