Stephen Strange- Desert (a)

You turned the sharp corner, barging pedestrians out of your path as the armed assailants chased you through the city. The Sanctorum was in sight, you made one final sprint as Doctor Strange was leaving, you shouted out to him in a plea of pure desperation.

"Y/n... what have you done?" Strange swung his arm in a wide arc as you ran towards him, you jumped through the portal followed by the sorcerer, and it was closed as quickly as it was opened. "Tell me what happened right now, or I swear I will trap you in the mirror dimension for a million lifetimes of pain... more pain than you could ever imagine!" His long, weathered finger pushed hard into the middle of your chest as the cold winds of the Saharan night danced around you.

"It isn't what it looks like, I didn't do anything." You said, doubled over as you tried to catch the thick desert air. "Well, I did something obviously, but I don't know what it was. Don't look at me like that, I'm telling the truth! One minute I'm just catching the subway and the next these guys show up telling me that I'm under arrest and then when I run, they try and kill me. Luckily, I wasn't too far from the Sanctum, so I came to get some help. Wow, it's nice out here, it's real quiet."

"Yeah, it was until you turned up. Clearly something must have happened, why does everybody always come to me for help? I need a vacation but anyway, for now, are you okay?"

"A little out of breath but I think I'll survive... you?" He looked you up and down, careful about anything you had not felt in the moment before nodding softly.

"Well thanks to you we can't go back to the Sanctorum so let's cross that off the list. They looked like they we're packing some pretty serious firepower... to be honest for the first time in a while I don't have any kind of idea the threat that you have managed to bring to us." In the silence of the sand dunes, a small crackling appeared followed by orange sparks. Strange pushed you behind him with a guiding arm and raised his hands, ready to defend you. "I think we might be in for a little bit more trouble than we had first expected. Guns and magic... what a treat!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.