Tony Stark- Nightmare (c)

You had fallen asleep next to your husband and you didn't think you would wake until the sun had already risen, ready for another day but that wasn't the case. When the mattress moved erratically, you shot up, expecting some form of natural disaster or apocalypse having occurred but instead it was your husband thrashing in his sleep beside you.

Tony was a strong man. He didn't want to show anything that he deemed as weakness whether it truly was a weakness or not. Since becoming Iron Man and seeing all the darkness the world held, he had struggled mentally to cope with it, as anyone would. He struggled to comprehend the dangers in the world and didn't know how he could live in the world without fighting it all which was impossible for one man to do. These were problems that constantly played on his mind and took over his dreams, causing an anxious mess within a man who never wanted to seem like he worried about anything.

"Tony," you called, grabbing his shoulders, trying to force him to lay down onto his back and wake up from whatever dream was causing his discomfort.

It took a couple of attempts at shouting his name and being pushed from him to actually get him out of his dreams. His brow was covered in sweat as his eyes darted around looking for whatever troubled him.

"Y/N," he whimpered.

"It's okay," you smiled softly, taking his hand within yours, not caring how clammy his palm was. "It's okay, I'm here for you."

He didn't say anything as his eyes continued to scan the room. Tony begun to calm down as he didn't see whatever danger he first believed was there.

"What happened?" You asked him.

"I almost lost you," he croaked.

You cocked an eyebrow at him not sure what was going on as you hadn't left the bed all night.

"You were hurt really bad," he whispered. "I couldn't do anything. I couldn't save you... I couldn't stop you from being hurt."

You gently cupped his tearstained cheeks, trying to keep him calm.

"It's okay," you smiled. "I'm fine. It was just a nightmare and it might have felt real, but it isn't. Everything is okay."

Tony slowly nodded his head as though he didn't believe the words you spoke. You wrapped your arms around him, and moved him to lie down with you as you continued to hold him until he fell asleep.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.