Layla El-Faouly- Ankle (a)

Layla ducked under your arm as you threw your fist out in a wide arc, your clenched fist connected abruptly with the cheek of one of Harrows followers as Layla planted her foot in between the ribs of another.

"I'm glad we're... we'll I guess in tune with each other would be the best way to put it or that could have gone very badly." You muttered to Layla as you stood back to back.

"It definitely helps." Laylas wings surrounded her as a storm of bullets clashed against her. You peered out from her cover and fired two shots into the chest of the henchman. "I'm even more glad Tarrawet decided to give me this sweet suit, it definitely has come In handy more than once. Ready... Go!" On Laylas call you both dashed out of the alley in which you had tried to hide and desperately searched for cover. "Shit." Layla proclaimed as a horde of followers emerged from the shadows, each armed more than adequately to disrupt the two of you.

"Fire!" A bellowing command unleashed an orchestra of armaments, Laylas wings wrapped around the two of you, you're ears began ringing with the clanging of bullets being deflected from the hard metal. The dust slowly began to settle around you but Layla kept her shroud of protection over you, however suddenly a sickening pain struck your ankle.

"I've been hit." You whispered to her, doing your best to keep focused. "I've been hit in the ankle, I'm dead weight. Leave me as bait and make a run for it, I'll try and buy you some time to get away or at least reposition. You reached down and tightly tucked your pistol into your chest.

"Don't be stupid, I just need a minute to think.

"You have nowhere to hide, nowhere to run." The same voice that gave the first command bellowed out with a cocky tone. "Surrender yourself and make this easier for everyone. Let there be no more mindless bloodshed, allow yourself to be judged fairly and your fate will be decided."

"Follow my lead." Before you could react Layla retracted her wings and took your arm over her shoulder. "We surrender." The small army of followers stepped forward, encircling the two of you.

" I am glad you have finally come to your senses." The leader smiled.

"Yeah..." Layla spread her wings once again and spun in a deep circle, a harsh wave of air knocked the followers to the floor and left them dazed.

"Now what?!"

"I don't know, I thought I would think of something!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.