Clint Barton- Medevac: Part 2 (c)

Clint did as he said and got you out of the building in under the five minutes, he had expected it to take. As soon as he got you into the helicopter, he was demanding every ounce of medical assistance that they could offer for you. Even with him being a worrier and a bit of a hindrance to those trying to help you, they had managed to secure the wound until you could get to the hospital. A myriad of tests was run on you to make sure you were okay before the wound was cleaned and fixed up.

He had stayed by your side the whole time. No matter how many times medical professionals suggested that he go to get a drink or something to eat, he was glued to the seat next to you until you were given a clear bill of health.

With your wound bandaged up and ready to heal on its own, you were redressed in something less blood-sodden and waiting sat on the edge of the hospital bed, legs dangling down, for the doctor to return.

"You need to take it easy," Clint berated, stopping you from reaching for your handbag an arm's length on the bed. "You aren't going back into the field for a long time."

"No, I don't," you sighed. "It's fine. Give me a week and I'll be good as new."

Before he could tell you off, your doctor had returned to your room.

"I have your discharge papers," the doctor smiled.

"So, is everything okay?" You checked.

The doctor nodded. "Everything came back fine, but there was one thing that we didn't expect. I'm not sure if you are aware but you are pregnant."

Everything paused. You had discussed starting a family and although it was something you both wanted, you weren't on a timeframe nor did you have any direct plans, meaning this pregnancy was wanted but certainly not planned.

"I'm pregnant?" You croaked; your mouth instantly dry. "Was everything okay?"

"Yes, you are, everything seems normal, but we suggest you get an appointment with your obstetrician to make sure."

The doctor wished you well, heading off to their next patient.

You turned your attention to your husband who had a bright smile on his face. He jumped up as soon as the door closed and scooped you up into a hug, doing his best to avoid hurting your bullet wound.

"We're having a baby," he grinned.

"I can't believe it," you smiled. "I really can't believe that I'm pregnant."

"I'm so happy," he whispered, his joy overwhelming him and forcing tears into his eyes. "But I promise you aren't going into the field for a very long time."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.