Bucky Barnes- Museum (c)

You knew it was a big step for Bucky to want to go to the museum to see the display about Steve and in hand about him. He'd put on the classic disguise of sunglasses and a cap and let you lead him through the museum to find the section of interest. Steve had seen it before and assured Bucky it wasn't negative for him, specifically not mentioning anything to do with his time under the control of HYDRA, only his service to the war. Even with the reassurance of his best friend, he was still nervous that all the horrific things that he was forced into doing was permanently documented by the side of all the amazing things his best friend had done.

When you found the Captain America section of the museum, you made your way to the smaller section with the pictures of Bucky. You held your breath as you quickly read through the section, hoping desperately that it was as Steve had said. The breath was only able to be released once you finished reading and it was all beautifully written about what he had done for the second world war and his disappearance and assumed death.

You took Bucky's hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"See, they can still see that you are a hero," you whispered, as for no one else to here.

He shook his head. "I'm not a hero."

"I know you can't see it, but you had no control over what they made you do. Everything you have done off your own back has been that of a hero," you smiled.

You stood up on your tip toes to press a gentle kiss to his cheek. The two of you fell silent and you knew that his thoughts were torturing him as he did struggle to see the good in himself.

"I wish I'd seen the pictures earlier," you stated. "You look immaculate in your uniform."

His lips twitched into a gentle smile.

"The army is lucky I wasn't there, I certainly would have stolen their handsomest soldier," you said, playfully poking his side.

"And I would have happily obliged to follow such a beautiful woman, even if I would be chased to the ends of the earth for desertion."

Bucky wrapped his arms around you as he let out a deep sigh, looking over the pictures and information about his life, still conflicted over how they depicted him.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.