Steve Rogers- Plants (c)

You were nervous to be away from our home for the week. Your home was filled with many potted plants that you offered love and care to everyday and without you being in the house, your boyfriend, Steve, would be left to care for them alone. It wasn't that you didn't trust him, but you knew that it was far from a perfect situation when he had never had to care for them before.

He assured you that whilst you visited your sister, he would be more than capable of taking care of some plants. You had to believe in him and headed off for the trip after leaving him strong instructions as to what he needed to do to make sure they survived in your absence.

Whilst you were away, you struggled to think about anything but your plants, but you believed in your boyfriend and could only hope that you wouldn't come home to a massacre. If only your hope could have been reality.

As soon as you walked through the front door, you could see one of your plants wilting away on its shelf. You discarded your bags and rushed around to look at all the other plants, only to find them all in a similar sorry state.

"Steve," you screamed as though you were about to die without his presence.

He rushed to your aide, confused when he found you in a physically fine state. "What's wrong?"

"What happened to my plants?" You croaked, tears brimming in your eyes. "I was gone for a week and they are all on deaths door."

Steve offered you an apologetic look, having been rather anxious for your arrival after he had messed up in caring for the things that you loved most in the world.

"I swear it was an accident," he whispered. "I don't know what happened, I thought I was paying attention to your instructions, but they all just started looking sad and dying. I tried to help them, but I didn't know what to do."

You tried to settle your mind. You couldn't be mad at him, but you couldn't help the sadness and anger that bubbled within you.

"Gather them all," you stated, trying not to be too stern. "Bring them all to the garden and I will try to save them."

"I'm sorry Y/N," he said softly. "I'm really sorry."

You couldn't accept the apology just yet. "Just bring them all to the garden."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.,