Tony Stark- Arc Reactor (c)

When JARVIS called out to you, requesting you to head down to the workshop, you were a little confused but did so without questioning it. As Tony Stark's assistant, you were used to being called here, there and everywhere by your boss but seen as he had sent you off to do important work in his office, you didn't know why he was rushing you down to the workshop. You headed there as quickly as you could, instantly regretting that you followed the orders of him when you saw what was waiting for you in the room.

Tony was laying on the workbench in the centre of the room, propping himself up on his elbow. His skin was slick with sweat and his dark hair stuck out in every direction. The faded shirt that he tended to work in was ripped open as he groaned out in pain, trying his best to stop him self from falling from the work bench.

"Tony?" You gasped, rushing to his side.

You had seen Tony get injured by his attempts to build stuff, but you had never seen him in such a state.

"I need your help," he said with a pained smile on his face.

"You need an ambulance," you corrected.

He shook his head. "There's nothing that they can do that you can't."

You cocked your eyebrow at him. You had no idea what he was talking about and wondered if he was starting to become delirious by whatever had led to him being in the state he was.

"Are you forgetting that I am not a medical professional?"

Tony reached out to grab your hand, squeezing it tighter than he meant to as he tried to cling onto you and hope.

"I just need you to change the reactor," he grunted. "And quick."

"What?" you exclaimed, snatching your hand away from him.

He pulled the arc reactor from his chest, discarding it onto the table beside him. Reaching out he grabbed something that looked just like his old reactor but a whole lot cleaner and in a better condition.

"I need you to move that wire from touching the socket," he grunted.

You winced and did your best not to throw up over your boss. Looking away, you rolled up your sleeve and did as you were told, certain that you deserved a pay rise for doing this.

"Don't let it touch the sides," he added.

You did as you were told, heaving at the pungent stench emitting from the open cavity in his chest and the gunk that likely caused it.

"Just keep it steady," he said. "And then we need to put the new one in."

"Oh God."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.