Carol Danvers- Beaches (c)

When Carol returned to you, you had given her a long list of things that she had missed on earth whilst she was away. A majority of it was music or movies that she had missed due to being on a different planet, but she was excited to catch up with what you felt that she needed to know. You left her with a long list to make her way through, a few films you'd watch with her, but most of them were for her to independently work through and come back to you to let you know what she thought.

You didn't really check up on her about the list, but she seemed excited to work through it all and was doing a good job to make progress on it. She had told you that she had found a few of the films at the local rental store and decided she would watch one whilst you were busy doing some work. You finished up what you were doing and entered the living room where Carol had been watching the film as she was turning off the tv.

"How was the film?" You asked, sitting down beside her.

"It was good," she whispered, wiping her face with her sleeve to try and rid the tears that had fallen upon her cheeks.

"Were you crying?"

Carol shook her head, trying to do her best to rid all evidence of her tears but it was far too late as you knew that she had been crying about something.

"What film were you even watching?"

"Beaches."

It made sense instantly. You didn't know anyone who had watched the film and finished it with a dry eye. Last time you had watched it, you had sobbed like a baby throughout the majority of the ending of the film and was inconsolable even after the credits had rolled.

"I hate you for making me watch something so sad," she whispered. "How is that entertainment to force yourself to feel so much pain?"

You shrugged your shoulders. "It's a good film but it is very sad. No matter how many times I've watched Beaches, I can't stop myself from crying throughout it."

She furrowed her brow, crossing her arms over her chest, not enjoying the fact that she could feel so much pain when it came to something fictional.

"It just wasn't fair," she frowned, tears beginning to fall again.

"I know," you said softly, wrapping your arms around her to comfort her.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.