Bucky Barnes- Stay (c)

When you met Harry, you were sure that you were going to marry him one day. You started dating almost straight away and before the year was up, you were engaged and you thought that your life was going in the direction it should and everything would be perfect. It wasn't that simple.

You had gotten out of work early and decided to go surprise him at his office. You slipped in and headed to the private office that he worked in, quietly opening to door to peak in. Harry wasn't sat at his desk as you expected. He was leant over it, not focused on paperwork or pondering his work, instead his full attention was on his secretary that lay atop of the desk, legs wrapped around his middle, lips attached and hands wandering. You weren't even sure if he noticed you in the doorway as you left too quickly, tears blurring your vision as you fled the building, heading anywhere but there.

At first you didn't know where to go. You felt stupid and naïve for believing the relationship that you had been in, and you didn't want to go home to your parents and admit you had been bought in by a liar and a cheat. The evening began to set in and you didn't want to stay out on the streets wandering anymore, so headed to one place where you felt safe, your best friend's house- Bucky's.

Bucky took a moment to open his front door after you knocked. He wasn't expecting you, nor anyone else but when he saw your tearstained face, he instantly worried and ushered you into his apartment.

"What's going on?" He questioned. "Are you okay?"

"I caught Harry with his secretary," you croaked, the words bitter and raw as they escaped you. "I didn't know where else to go."

He hadn't been Harry's biggest fan, seeing him as cocky and arrogant, but as long as you were happy he would support you, and he wasn't about to say 'I told you so' now.

"It's going to be okay," he said softly.

"Can I stay here?" You asked.

Bucky paused. Your friendship had extended since childhood and although he was as good as a brother to you, other people couldn't see that, and neither of you were blind to how quickly a woman's life could be destroyed by a rumour.

"Are you sure?" He said, his eyes avoiding yours. "I don't want people talking and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

You reached a hand out to grab his. "I trust you. Let me stay, please?"

He nodded his head. "As long as you are comfortable, you are more than welcome to stay."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.