Steve Rogers- Dance Hall: Part 3 (c)

Months since you had last seen Steve, you didn't even think twice when someone knocked at the door, no longer expecting him to be the one stood there. You opened the door, prepared for your neighbour's kid to be asking for their toy back from your garden or someone trying to sell you something but there stood Steve, just not how you had last seen him. Somehow, he was a foot taller and looked as though his life had been consumed with the gym. If you didn't recognise the beautiful glint in his blue eyes and sweet smile, maybe you wouldn't even have known it was him.

"Sweet baby Jesus," you croaked.

"Sorry I'm late for our dance."

It felt as though you were going to cry or pass out, but you did your best to control your emotions and enjoy the moment that had consumed your mind for too long. He may not have looked like he had once, but it was Steve and he was back and that was all that you could dream of.

He held out a bouquet of your favourite flowers wrapped in paper. You looked between the flowers and the man holding them, noticing he was dressed in a suit, one that wasn't moth eaten like the one that had been sitting in your wardrobe since you returned it after the night he went missing.

"What happened, Steve?" You asked. "You look... wow! You've always been the handsomest man in the world, but this is... well... different."

Steve chuckled as you took the flowers from him. "Get changed and I will explain everything. I need to make this right and the first thing is to make up for our missed date."

"You've got a lot of explaining to do," you stated. "You've been gone for so long."

"I know and I'm sorry, but I will make it up to you, I promise."

You couldn't help the grin that overtook your face. Quickly you rushed to put the flowers into some water before putting on the dress that you had wanted to wear for the date. Without wanting to waste too much time, you pulled your hair up the best you could, placing on the pearls that you had received from your grandmother and placing a small amount of perfume on your neck and wrists. You checked yourself in the mirror before returning to the man you loved and had missed.

"Shall we?" He asked, offering you, his arm.

"We shall."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.