Stephen Strange- Beach (a)

"Not so hard, is it?" Stephen smiled proudly as the portal in front of you slowly grew larger and larger until it was large enough or you to comfortably fit through it. "Come on?" He urged you through the sparking oval and stepped through, you followed carefully. The world of magic was all new to you, and although you seemed to have an innate gift to wield the arcana you still knew very little about it. "It's okay, it wont hurt." He gently held your hand as you stepped through the boundary and onto the shore of the sunstruck beach.

"Wow, I've been paying out my ass for plane tickets all this time? Stuffed in the middle seat and eating tiny packets of peanuts when all I had to do was concentrate and move my fingers around a bit." Stephen shrugged and smirked as he slipped his shoes from his feet and let the warm sand sit on his toes.

"It's nice isn't it. Sometimes when I fancy a little getaway, I bring myself here. It's a long way to any other land so for the most part it's an untouched little corner of the globe." You turned a small nook of the beach, two padded sun loungers, a small parasol and colourful cocktails sat perched on the shore. "I said mostly untouched... I might be one of the best sorcerers in the known worlds but sun cancer can strike anyone of us. I'll fight Thanos but nobody can fight the sun! Please, take a seat, I believe we have a few things to talk about." Taking in the unending horizon on one side and the dense, vibrant jungle on the other you rested on the lounger. "Please, help yourself, don't ask me what they are I had Wong bring them up for us." He placed a cold drink into your already tanning hand. "You possess real, true power y/n. I know our training has only just begun and you are just handling some of the basics, very well might I add, but Wong and I really can sense a great deal of strength in you. Which is great but it..."

"It scares you?" You interrupted. "You're worried I'm going to cause trouble. Don't worry, I've never been horribly wronged by anyone, I don't seek to enslave humanity and I know rent in New York is high but I make ends meet just fine." Stephen chuckled.

"Well thank you for the reassurance. There are plenty more things for us to deal with, insurance forms and there is a small induction packed I need to get arranged with HR..." You looked over in confusion. "I'm joking. For now, let's just relax and thank your wonderfully done portal for bringing us here."

~*~

Written by Aaron.