Tony Stark- Dislike (c)

You had been getting ready to go out to run some errands when you started to hear your boyfriend talking. At first you didn't think much of it as you were used to hearing him talk when no one was around seen as at his place he had a full-blown AI system but then you realised that you were at your apartment and there was nothing even closely as high tec as that. You paused what you were doing for a moment to see if you could hear whether he was on the phone but there wasn't really anything you could hear so decided it'd be for the best to investigate.

Heading out of the bedroom, you made your way down to your lounge where you found Tony stood looking down at your cat. Your tabby cat was sat a couple of feet away from him, looking unimpressed by his presence as he always did. For them being the two most important creatures in your life, you couldn't understand why they couldn't get along better. As soon as they met each other, your cat seemed to despise your boyfriend and it was certainly a mutual feeling.

"I've seen the way you look at me when you think I don't notice," Tony frowned down at the poor creature that only held distain in its eyes.

You tried to stifle the laugh that was fighting to escape, wanting to see how the interaction between them unfolded.

"You don't hate me nearly as much as you want me to believe," Tony stated. "I bet you actually like me."

"I really don't think so," you chuckled.

Tony snapped around to look at you as your cat happily made his way to join you, purring as he rubbed himself against your leg, refusing to take his eyes off of the man he disliked.

"Sometimes he looks at me in the same way that he looks at you," he whined. "There is no way that one cat can hold so much hate within him, especially for me."

You shrugged your shoulders, picking up the cat in question. Your cat was always very loving for you but for other people, he took a long time to warm up to them and when it came to Tony, three years wasn't nearly long enough for him to be even tepid towards him.

"He is just a very good judge of character."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.