Chapter 11: Friends

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

9:31 P.M

-Zen's house-

Cicero felt himself waking up slowly and weird didn't feel like his body is just a jumble of weak bones and meat. Today, he felt refreshed and didn't need to take naps in the middle of this day. He stretched his arms and let them rest after he heard them crack. Soon, the smell of freshly made breakfast filled his nose making him wonder who it was and what they were making. No one other than him and Zen were present in the red head's house, so it had to be Zen. Plus, he could never make such nice food, not with his lacking cooking skills.

He already knew Zen could do a good job at cooking, the scent becoming more delicious as it got perceived by Cicero's nose and made him get up and go get ready.

After he finished his typical morning rountine and got dressed, he went outside, the familiar view of Zen's kitchen coming closer as he found the said boy flipping the most perfect pancakes and plopping them on a plate.

"Good morning!" Cicero hurried over to Zen's side which made the red head noticeably but unwillingly flinch.

"What the fuck?!" Zen put an arm on his hip and raised his spatula at Cicero's face who wasn't even bothered, too busy staring at the pancakes.

"Good morning," Zen sighed, giving up which made Cicero glance at him with a smile.

"Oh and they're so circular and perfect. That's cool," Cicero mumbled before he got smacked on the head.

"Shut up, it's nothing much," Zen grumbled as he grabbed the maple syrup. He poured a good amount if you asked him, but it wasn't enough for Cicero.

"Damn, it's like that?" Cicero put and arm on the counter and looked at Zen, seeing a slight color dust his cheeks and made him wonder if it was from the previous comment. Zen frowned and looked at Cicero.

"These aren't mine, so you can put all the fucking maple syrup you want and get diabetes," Zen glared at Cicero, which the green head was always used to and found it cute at some times. "Then where's yours?" Cicero blinked a couple times.

Zen lifted a brow and pointed his thumb to the stove behind him. "Over there-"

His eyes widened.

"Crap!" Zen realized he left the pancakes for too long and the realization was a bit delayed as the pancake caught on fire before he could get it off the pan. The flames becoming more huge as Cicero screamed.

——

Zen happily walked with his hands in his jacket's pocket as he munched on the pancakes he made. His shoes along with Cicero's pressed against the long grass found in the forest, the trees moving now and then from the peaceful wind. They decided to leave the house after putting out the fire because Cicero got bored and said they should go to an amusement park. They planned to go to Omi's house.

"Do you know the way?" Cicero sniffed and looked at Zen who was wiping some syrup off his lips and licking it off his thumb.

"Yeah," Zen looked down on the green head who was pretty sad. The red head looked away.

"Stop fucking crying," Zen deadpanned as the sniffing of Cicero got louder.

"But it's so bad!" Cicero exclaimed as more tears fell down his face. He wiped them with the back of his hoodie's sleeve and looked down on the burnt pancake.

"If you stop crying I'll buy you a cream pie or whatever," Zen tried to look unbothered. He saw a small smile on Cicero's face as he looked at the taller. The green head felt a pang of happiness when he heard that because he never thought Zen would memorize his favorite desert.

"Really?" Cicero looked at him.

"Yes," Zen sighed.

——

A knock coming from the duo that knew they weren't disturbing Omi's sleep, knowing he always woke up early and texting him few moments before they left was heard by Omi.

The curly head opened the door, seeing Zen and Cicero and letting them in.

"Hey, Omi," Cicero greeted before he went inside and Zen similarly mumbled a 'Hey'.

"Micheal's already here so we're ready to go right?" Omi asked.

"Yep!" Cicero jumped.

'He was crying a few hours ago,' Zen thought as Omi's mother came into the living room.

"Oh hey! Zen and Cicero!" She smiled and shook their hands. Her curly ponytail swinging left and right as she walked in black heels and slight wrinkles on each side of her cheek that formed when she smiled.

The duo formally greeted her back and then left when Micheal was finished with putting on his shoes. Omi's mom drove them to the amusement park as she kept talking about random stuff, Cicero the only who seemed to be talking with her and actually listening to what she was saying.

Finally, the vehicle was parked nearby the gate and everyone got off when they reached the place. Omi's mom stood next to the car and agreed that they'll go by themselves and she'll pick them up when a phone call is directed to her. After everyone waved the woman goodbye, they turned to the gate and walked further inside after Omi handed the security their tickets.

Cicero didn't even wait for the rest as he ran ahead, Zen immediately noticing and running after him.

"Why are you chasing me?!" Cicero shouted when he glanced back quickly and saw Zen catching up to him.

"So that I can do this,"

Cicero felt arms around his waist, then his feet off the ground and body meet with the wet grass of the small hills far from the rides. He gasped before doing a front flip and grabbing Zen's jacket, catching the red head off guard as he pulled him down, causing him to trip then fall on his face.

"Go to hell!" Cicero laughed evilly as he pushed Zen downwards, to roll down the hill, but not before Zen wrapped his arm around the back of his neck and pulling his closer, much like a chokehold and then shifting the placement to Cicero's back and head as to not hurt the other too much.

Cicero screamed so loud that the security nearby thought that Zen was murdering him, their bodies rolling around and every short moment they would be laying on their stomach, Cicero's scream would be muffled for a few seconds before it went back to it a high pitch.

"STOP YELLING!" Zen shouted before he broke out in a fist of laughs, "OH MY GOD!" He shouted when he saw they were actually heading to the water hose than sprayed water on the grass and not the floor.

Just as expected, they collided with the water hose as it started sprayed down on them and it went inside Cicero's mouth because he had it open the whole time while he screaming and made him choke. Zen started wheezing really loud which made Cicero join as well, but his laugh sound a little scary since he was choking after every wheeze.

"You....k-killed me," Cicero shouted after his sentence and the security ran to them.

"What is happening here?"

—-

A/N: This chapter was one filled with comedy (?). So basically, a filler since I'm going to take a break every ten chapters so hope you guys enjoyed it. I really love you all ♥︎♥︎♥︎