Chapter 2: Donuts

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

9:30 A.M

-R.F.L Coffee Shop-

The frigid air of the outside and the air conditioner has a way of keeping in the moment, wicking away body heat faster than it is replaced. Upon the grass hills outside there is snow, much like sprinkled sugar over cake. It's one of those days when normal clothes aren't enough, when you feel thinner than you are. Breaths rise in puffs, arms hug each body tightly and there is a briskness to movements that will melt with the snow.

The donut shop of white cups and black coffee, of small jugs filled with cream, has that ambience of friendly chatter.

How many hours has it been? The sun has already rose up, melting the snow slowly. It's time to go back if the group don't want to deal with the scolding coming their way. Not like there won't be any if they do leave now.

"This coffee tastes like shit,"

"No one told you to order that, Zeno," Cicero pointed out, not looking at the said boy while scrolling through his phone.

"WHY does no one get that I DIDN'T order this?!" Zen threw his head back in annoyance and slumped in his seat. "Fuck,"

"Milk sucking baby," The red head muttered whilst looking at the younger at the corner of his eye.

"Isn't that a milkshake?" Omi commented.

"It's a milkshake," Micheal confirmed before chuckling at Zen's expression.

"Whatever, I'm paying," Zen straightened up and put his palms on the desk.

Cicero gave a small smile of amusement and mockery before saying, "I didn't know you could be nice, buttercup."

"I'm not paying for your shit," Zen countered with a flustered face. He wasn't planning to anyway.

"Die," Cicero jeered, rolling his eyes before turning off his phone and placing it in his pocket.

"What did you say?!" Zen stood up, his chair screeching against the floor tiles loudly as he glared at Cicero. The green head stuck out his toungue before he too, stood up, smacked Zen on his head, and ran out the store.

"BASTARD!" Zen yelled and soon he was out the store in a flash as well.

Omi and Michael watched the whole thing go down in silence as they finished the last bits of their food. Looks like they've got the bill on them now.

"Chouku left his milkshake, should I be worried?" Micheal laughed before picking up the milkshake and motioning for Omi that he's leaving.

"Let's split up the bill,"

——

Somewhere behind the same donut shop, actually, just behind the counter and in the kitchen, an arguement that Rehan found absolutely useless was happening. His sister, Fay, who had short black hair that reached just below her ears was repeatedly convincing him or more like forcing him to go get an undeserved service bill. He got the hot headed guy's order wrong for gods sake.

After a while of this continuing, he got enough of it, so he headed out to check if the four customers were still present.

They were not.

Just money was on the table along with an unfinished coffee. Rehan let out a relived sigh before walking over to the table and taking the money.

-11:30 A.M-

By now, the four boys went back to school and as expected, they got punished. Nothing that any of them couldn't handle though. Cicero and Zen were still fighting. And it was basically Cicero annoying the red head.

Rehan's shift still hasn't ended, but he wasn't that exhausted because not many customers come to visit anyways. He should be able to rest for the last remaining hours for sure or that's what he thought.

The bell made a ring sound indicating that someone just entered the shop. He stopped whatever he was doing to peek out from the side wall.

Zen?

What was the red head doing here?The said boy looked around, one hand in his pocket, the other holding the door handle. He let go of the handle and walked toward the counter making Rehan break a sweat. This guy was here just a few hours ago and now he's back. Is he here to complain about the wrong order? Or is he planning to murder Rehan?

"Welcome to-"

"Shut the fuck up,"

"......"

Zen pulled down his black hoodie that was over his head.

"I came all the way back because I'm still mad that you got my order wrong," He disparaged before putting an arm on the counter and giving a look of impatience.

He came here just complain about something that happened two hours ago. Great.

"Well, I can make you it now if y-you'd like," Rehan disclosed, shifting his arms around because he didn't know where to put them. A habit of when he was nervous.

"No,"

"I'm gonna give you my address and my order better be at my doorstep before twelve, got it?" The red head continued.

"You want it at your doorstep? Are you not gonna go back to school?" The blond analyzed and gave himself a pat on the back for not stuttering this time.

"I got suspended," Zen removed his arm, put it back in his pocket to take out a small paper and hand it over to the blond. Rehan gave a small nod before taking the paper.

"Bye," Rehan croaked out quickly after seeing that Zen was leaving, receiving a small wave in return from the taller, he went inside to get the order ready.

There he saw Fay picking up her stuff and putting them in her handbag.

"I'm leaving because it seems like no customers are coming at this time, I'm coming back after a while and Lettita is coming with, you need anything?"

"No. Thank you. Goodbye, sis," He smiled softly.

"Okay, call me if you need anything. Bye-bye!" She acknowledged the blond with a nod and smile after her saying and went inside to call Letita.

Rehan sighed knowing that he still has work to do, so he can't join them in their break. Three chocolate donuts and a black coffee. No sugar. Okay, noted. The blond went to get it prepared.

After a while, Rehan felt like he had done something right for once and that was the order the red head asked for. It was pleasantly prepared because he didn't have much work to do previously. Giving an exhale of relief, the blond took the bag in his hand and was feeling pretty satisfied until he looked at the time on his phone. He felt his eyes pop out and heart drop.

1:43 P.M?! Did the earth decide to spin faster out of nowhere?!

Rehan mentally screeched as he jumped over the counter. He wasn't trying to look cool or anything, okay, maybe he was, but, here's the thing. Rehan tripped. A really bad fall. His shoe lace got stuck around the nail that slightly came off on the counter. He managed to keep the food safe because that was his first priority, but his life definitely wasn't.

He hit his forehead really hard on the floor and screamed. Rehan was sure the whole school facing this shop heard him loud and clear.

'Kill me now,'

His arms were above his head, holding the bag that contained the red head's food, keeping it safe. The blond tried to move his leg, but the shoe lace was stuck for good. He decided to remove his right shoe and replace it with a different one.

Rehan is really clumsy and unorganized. So when you find out he put on a left shoe on his right foot, you shouldn't be surprised, and here he was running as fast he can, to the address Zen gave him.

Oh and another thing.

Rehan forgot the black coffee at the shop.