Chapter 8: First Blaze

⚠︎︎Warning: Mentions of panic attack and asthma⚠︎︎

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

-Flashback-

"Big bro! Come let's go play! Come on! Come on! Come onnnnn!"

Just go away already.

"Zennnn! Please, please, pleaseeee. Let's go playy!"

"Just fuck off already!" Zen threw his phone on the bed and pushed away his younger sister. "Go and play by yourself!" He shoved her harshly, enough to move her away from his comfort zone, a push filled with cruelty and no scant of love.

She looked anguished and confused on why her bigger brother was always acting this way. He was never once nice to her or any members of the family. Silently, she picked up her toys and left the room. Zen rolled his eyes when she was out of sight.

——

"Why did you shout at your sister?!" Zen's mother crossed her arms. As much as she was trying to seem angry at the red head, she couldn't help but be despondent and dazed. Was something wrong with them? Why can't he just treat everyone like human beings and just live as a family?

"I don't know," Zen spoke, not even looking up to see his mother.

"What is your problem?! Zen!" His mother shouted to get his attention, but it was no use. "I'm going to tell your dad,"

"What's he gonna do?" Zen clicked away on his phone before scoffing.

Zen's mother seemed to have enough of this useless argument and her son's arrogance, so she left the room before slamming the door shut.

How annoying.

More fights and more quarrels concerning Zen's convictions towards his family members and overall behavior made the family break apart over time and it affected their emotions, making a negative impact on their ability to stay calm and that caused more unnecessary fights which didn't help Zen with liking them.

How could he come to like such a stuipd and disorganized family? At this point, he would prefer to not even call them a family, but a nuisance.

Huge responsibilities as a big brother were always expected to be handled by him and it was stressful. Zen wasn't good with handling any sort or pressure. It would cause him to break out more than he should and his father's, mother's, and sister's confusion turned into anger over time.

Now that was like putting out fire with gasoline.

Zen's hatred gave the impression of unbearable and so he couldn't wait until he could leave the hell hole of a house and cut off all connections.

His family's history was something unpleasant and he never brought it up. Til this day, Zen doesn't know anything about them or what happened, but, at some times, he can't help but wonder if they're okay.

When he thinks back...

...None of that anger is evident, but it's regret instead