Chapter 47: Progress

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

3:03 P.M

– Castle –

"This is unacceptable," the words of disappointment came from the queen as she stood, perfectly manicured hands laid elegantly over one another, "Outright barbarous behavior: I cannot accept such a thing."

Veldra remained stoic as the nurses continued to care for his wounds. He felt like his pride had been crushed underneath Slater's heels before it was kicked somewhere far, far away. It was going to cost a long journey to reach it again.

And he wasn't planning on leaving it.

Slater Stygian had another thing coming his way if he thought he had one this one.

The prince felt like this unhinged attack meant more than just pure loathing. Like his older brother had gained some sort of momentum to ignite such an act mercilessly. That momentum being a force, a backup---support. He would have called  himself crazy if this was just one of his visions that he prepared himself for, however this was reality and he couldn't say that it didn't irritate him immensely. He didn't need to squeeze his mind in order to think about what kind of support that was. Just coupled traitors. He needed to disperse this growing momentum, this group, these fucking hindrances.

"Mother, will you let him get away with this?" Veldra asked without looking back at the queen, staring ahead as the nurses treated his wounds.

"Absolutely not. I shall have him kicked out of the quarters at this very moment."

"That's it?'' Now he was looking at her with utmost dissatisfaction.

The queen's heels clicked on the polished floor as she approached her young prince, eyeing him with a small smile that looked anything but sweet, "You can't bother with him," she held his face and excitement gleamed over her black irises, "Tomorrow is your coronation, darling."

Exactly. Tomorrow was---like she said: his enthronement. The day he becomes king. Veldra couldn't contain the feeling of thrill buzzing inside of him, he would be king.

King, he would become. That was what was going to happen. That was what he was going to use to his advantage. He would be throwing away the worn out puppet strings he once used as a prince, and now he would have more ameliorative, silky strings to control everything and everyone, he couldn't wait for he had mastered the art. He was a perfect puppeteer.

----------------------

"I want to tell him a lot of things," Slater adjusted the cap over his head, lowering it a bit to conceal his face.

Cesal hummed in disinterest and as a way to show Slater that he was listening, but never really cared about Slater's desire to speak with Cicero Sager. The blue-haired boy skimmed his fingers over the cold drinks in the fridge, before deciding on the guava flavored one. He glanced around the supermarket before opening it and taking a drink of the juice and smacking his lips.

Slater stared at him in disbelief, "I have money---"

"Shhh, that's boring," Cesal continued to drink unfazed, "I always do this when I come to D.I.M 1. People here are stuipd."

The prince nodded as if he understood and mumbled, "Can you hurry up? Aria's waiting for us."

"Yeah, yeah."

After basically stealing two more drinks, the duo left the supermarket in a rush, without getting spotted and headed over to the aforementioned location where they would meet up with Aria and her companion, Cicero. Cesal really wanted to know how his sister would react after finding out that he joined their side, Would she be happy? Would she even trust him?