Chapter 40: Lie to me

Being loyal is a good thing, but he was consumed faithfulness, devotion and inability to spew lies to save his life.

———————————————

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

5:30 P.M

How dare he? How dare he? How dare he?!

Cesal grit his teeth as he stomped inside the castle, shoving some guards out of the way, who didn't hastily move away from his direction. Just, what kind of gut made that Prince Slater think he was to betray Prince Veldra?

Betray Prince Veldra?

The blue head would've almost fell into a fit of laughter if he didn't just find out that his sister could possibly hate him. Hence, his puffy eyes that he occasionally rubbed furiously. He went up the flight of stairs and turned around the corner. Just when the underling was about to head somewhere else, his eyes caught the room which had a door that was never closed.

Throughout his whole life in the palace, he hadn't seen the door closed, so it was a questionable thing for it to be shut. Blinded by emotions, Cesal scoffed, thinking that this was probably one of Slater's plans.

"Who does he think he is, messing around with the doors?" Cesal muttered to himself before he sauntered towards the door, a grim look on his features. He tried to open it, twisting the doorknob before realizing it was inaccessible. Moreover, locked from the outside or inside and he checked to see if it was the final possibility.

"Anyone inside?" He asked loud enough that if anyone was in the room, they would be able to hear him.

Zen's head shot up as he slowly moved away from the door. Cesal Lixen. That was his voice. Did he not know of E.A's plans or was he acting weird again? Either ways, the redhead was thankful it wasn't the blue colored creature behind the door. Anyone, but him.

He sniffled before replying in a hoarse voice, "Yeah."

Cesal blinked. He wasn't entirely expecting a response and specially not one from Zen Vermiel. His hand moved from the doorknob and he positioned his face closer to the surface of the door.

"Do you, um, have the key inside?" Cesal asked then paused for a moment, "Or did someone lock you out?"

"Take a guess," Zen grunted as he tried to get up.

"I'm guessing the latter," Cesal looked around before he pulled out a hairclip from his hair and tried to pick the lock. He worked randomly, with little knowledge about pick locking. He moved the hairclip in different direction as his tongue unconsciously made its way out his lips in concentration. After a while, the door clicked and Cesal tried to open it, but it didn't budge.

The teen huffed as he tried again, this time more penetratingly, causing his overgrown, faded, blue bangs to tumble over and settle on his face in a curve. He heard another click and his actions repeated, except this time, the door successfully opened. When the door swung open, the underling almost fell over with the force he used whilst looking up at the redhead.

He looked horrible and Cesal blinked, his eyes drifted somewhere else as he thought of what to say. The bluehead was sure his puffy eyes and slightly messy blue hair were of display, but Zen looked he'd been through worse.

"Wh—" Cesal cut himself off, taking in the sight. Zen's hair was all over the place.His face looked awful, bloodshot eyes, clumped, damp, dark, lashes, it looked like he was crying for hours, there were visible bruises on his neck, and he was shivering.