Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

12:21 P.M

- Prince Veldra's Castle –

     The fair haired boy jogged between the rooms to fetch an item. He entered the white room and walked towards the shelves. It reeked of medicine and drugs, a scent he grew up with. A gear seemed to shift in his mind as he changed his direction and headed towards the sink on the right instead. He poured a generous amount of hand soap on his palms and began rubbing it thoroughly. After he washed his hand accordingly to the directions that were posted on the wall infront of him, although, he didn't need to even glance up at it to remember a step because all of it was carved into his brain, he dried his hands with a tissue paper he grabbed from the machine, discarding it in the garbage after he was finished.

     He then reached for the hand sanitizer and watched as the clear substance dropped into his open palm in silent admiration. Before he could start rubbing his hand, a voice called out through the wall.

     "Neldo, what's taking so long?!"

     The said boy quickly smudged the substance in his palm, much to his disturbance, and yelled back: "Yeah! I'll be right there, mother. Just a second."

     Neldo grimaced when he realized some of the sanitizer was on his shirt. He probably wiped his hands on himself without realization. He sighed before rummaging though the shelves and feeling a bit better after finding the required medicine. 

     Running back to the room his mother was in, he handed her the medicine.

     "S-Sorry if I didn't make it on time. I got carried away," Neldo played with the end of shirt and stroked the wet patches on it as he shifted on his legs in discomfort. His mother took the medicine form him and shook her head. She was dressed like a doctor. 

     "It's all right, dear. You can go and change if you want," She said softly, gesturing to his shirt and Neldo nodded eagerly, his huge, pitch black eyes glimmering. 

     "Thanks a lot," He sighed in relief and went to change.

     A few minutes later and Neldo was in the famed and well-known garden of the castle. There was so much green and it was colorful. The moment you stepped into the garden, your nose would be filled with the beautiful scents of the plants and flowers. The tress were huge, blocking out a huge amount of moonlight, and only allows specks of it illuminate the garden. The flowers have blossomed, their petals hanging around in different shapes and creating an incredible sight. In a seperate section, there were plants that have grown fully, the fruits and vegetables were ready to be plucked out and served.

     Neldo smiled as the light wind ruffled his snow like colored hair. It was pure white, granting his eyelashes the same color and making him stand out more. He was pale and his cheeks were naturally rosy. He tired to be happy everytime he stepped into this garden because no matter how beautiful, how graceful and divine it was, there was a dark history behind all of the rainbow infront of him and he couldn't help, but remember it all every time.

     A puppy's head popped up from behind the bushes and Neldo widened his eyes. He looked around frantically before running over to the animal and carrying it in his small hands.

     "How did you get in here?" He whispered to the puppy as if it could hear him. Stroking it's head softly, he set it down after doing so and ushered it to run away, "Go somewhere far, c'mon. Don't let Prince Veldra see you."