Chapter 51: Buried Truths

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

11:20 P.M

– Tokyo Streets –

"Guys, it's getting late. We should probably go now," Fay announced as she linked her arms with Lettita's.

"You're gonna drag me away with you, aren't you?" Rehan groaned as he turned to her. He didn't feel like leaving just yet.

"Yep," Fay grabbed him with her free hand and smiled apologetically at the others before walking away. They said their goodbyes, but Rehan kept turning around and waving.

Three people short now, a silence fell over the group as they continued walking down the street. The streetlight flickered for a moment and the only sounds heard were the footsteps against the gravel path and soft humming from Cicero as he savored his ice cream bar.

Kazuo walked with a thoughtful expression etched upon his features. His mind wandered, drifting away from the mundane scenery of the street and into the depths of his own contemplation. He had a vivid recollection.

Earlier that day, while exploring an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town, Kazuo stumbled upon a weird thing. It was a weathered piece of paper, its edges frayed with age and its surface adorned with cryptic symbols. As he ran his fingers over the faded ink, a sense of intrigue washed over him, igniting a spark of curiosity within his soul.

Now, with each step he took, Kazuo found himself revisiting the perplexing message imprinted upon the parchment. What could it mean? Where did it come from? Questions swirled in his mind like a storm, urging him to delve deeper into the mystery that had unexpectedly crossed his path

"So," Kazuo started as he walked down the street with the boys, "Have you guys told anyone about what had actually happened to us?"

"I actually thought it would be better if we discussed it first," Omi said, kicking a pebble in the way, "What do you think?"

Kazuo nodded in agreement. It would be best to not tell them about the weird paper, "That sounds good to me."

"No one would believe that bullshit," Zen shook his head, "That's why I haven't bothered to explain."

"Did anyone ask any questions then?" Kazuo inquired.

"Yeah, but I just said I don't wanna talk about it," Zen shrugged.

Cicero turned to look at Kazuo and lifted a brow, "Are we not supposed to speak?"

"I believe you shouldn't."

"Why not?"

Did he really not see the issue or was he pretending not to? Kazuo thought for a moment before speaking, "It would not be in our favor at the moment."

"You still didn't explain why," Cicero lowered the ice cream from his face and frowned lightly.

"I mean," Kazuo tried not to sigh, "it would cause a lot of chaos, no?" He looked at Cicero, only to be met with an unconvinced expression.

Zen observed both of them from in between and felt the tension become tangible.

"Hm," Cicero hummed dismissively and went back to eating his ice cream, ignoring Kazuo's scrutinizing gaze.