Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

9:45 A.M

-Jail-

"I just said get off!"

Zen watched as the middle aged guy clenched his teeth in anger. He laid back and rested against the wall while his leg was over the other. His imperial eyes narrowed in a challenging manner when the middle aged guy punched the wall next to him.

"And if I don't?" Zen tilted his head to the side.

"I'll kill you!" He shouted.

Zen chuckled along with the two boys beside him. Earlier, they decided to come inside the cell he was staying in. Now, Zen was sitting in his cellmate's bed and it was apparently getting on his nerves. Zen didn't care though. He'd start a fight if the guy wanted.

"Okay, buddy. Don't die on me, it's just a fucking bed," Zen tapped his hand on the mattress to get his point across, "I'm leaving," He stood up and walked out the cell without sparing the others a glance.

The red head walked through the boot camp, his black shoes having a loud but calming stamping rhythm against the floor tiles which had a light reflection from the many bright wall lights on the roof, his hair on the top lightly bouncing with every step he took towards the main hall. His face was twisted into its usual, displeasured expression and hands shoved into his leather pants' pockets which were strapped around his thin waist with a red belt matching his loose red shirt with a imprint of a city on the front. Half of it was tucked in while the other was draped over his hand, a few rings, bracelet, and watch accessorizing it.

"Hey, pretty boy!"

Zen clicked his toungue in disapproval at the usual and constant catcalling that happened around prison. It was a thing he absolutely hated in this place. He wouldn't say he's gotten used to it, but showing signs of annoyance or anger would usually lead to more teasing, so he just chose to pretend to not hear them.

Another thing Zen also despised was the food. He doesn't even bother to collect his food tray anymore. On his first day, the red head demanded that he makes himself a cup of coffee after tasting the disgusting thing they even dare to call food. He gave the security a hard time or more like made their life hell until they gave up and allowed him to make coffee whenever he pleased.

"Hey, Zen," He head's someone who's probably caught up to him say.

"What?" He didn't take the time to look at the person even though their voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Make me a cup of coffee as well. I'm sure you prepare it nicely,"

Zen stopped walking and looked at the person next to him before his eyes went wide.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Bail you out," Kazuo replied with a straight face.

"No way,"

"Yes way,"

"Whatever. It's about time," Zen rolled his eyes even though he felt relived.

"I'll wait for you here," Kazuo pointed to a empty spot between the many seats. Zen shrugged before he walked away.

Kazuo watched as the red head left and made sure he got by without any more catcalls from the people before going to take his seat. He glanced at his watch. Today, Jiryu invited him for a tour of his museum and Kazuo accepted only because he was done with the case. He thought he'll stop by and help Zen out after hearing the news from Rehan. Speaking of the ash blond, he'll also be tagging along in the museum tour and Kazuo thought it'll be a good surprise to bring the red head and make Cicero and Rehan happy.