Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

3:12 A.M

-Library-

No response.

Omi lamentably got no response from the boy that was no longer in front of him. He disappeared faster than he could register.

He closed his slightly gaped mouth and breathed in, looking at the three with a frown on his face. Not directed at them, but more to himself and more from confusion and frustration.

Like, seriously.

What just happened?

This was such a shock and not only did it surprise him because it came out of nowhere. The fact that the boy sounded exactly like the voice who answered them when they tried to call an ambulance two or three weeks prior. Spite of knowing that, there was no point at the moment. Omi couldn't do anything about it a few moments ago or even now. The boy was gone.

He was snapped out of his train of thoughts when he heard footsteps come closer.

"Bro, we've seriously got to leave," Cicero said as a mattter of fact.

"Y-yeah," Omi answered him and before they could, a librarian spoke out to them, "Hey, you boys, could you come here for a second?"

None of them had the heart to just pretend like they didn't hear her, but Zen was considering murdering Cicero for turning his head back to face her. They could've ran, but it was no choice after what Cicero did.

"Yes?" Micheal was first to answer and walk up to the librarian who was carrying a heavy stack of books. Guessing she just wanted help with carrying them, they followed behind.

The librarian smiled politely even though she looked troubled. She had pale skin and black eyes, her long black hair reached her back and she wore white hair clips on each side of her head, giving her white dress that reached below her knees a nice look and blue earring to match her shoes. She looked very pretty and quite young.

"Could you please help me carry these to the storage room over there? My shift ended, but I like doing extra work and help, you know? The library is a great place. It's a shame to leave it unorganized and books thrown all over the place, god," She blabbered and Zen caught a book that almost fell since she lost her balance from holding them up with her knee.

"Ah! Thank you, it means a lot, I'm Naomi by the way. You're such a gentleman and your hair looks cool. What's your name—"

More books fell on the floor.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry," She apologized, seeing they fell on the red head's foot. He hissed from the impact, feeling a thick book crash onto his foot.

Cicero could practically see his veins pop on the side of his forehead from her constant apologies and bowing.

"Yeah, no problem," Cicero stepped in and picked up most of the books, Micheal picking up the rest.

"C-could you just show us where the storage room is?" Zen snapped as she kept talking about nonsense.

"Oh..." She blinked her eyes and her eyelashes moved in sync. Naomi gave him a firm nod, "It's that way," She walked in front and lead them to a door that was on the far end and opened it with a key.