Chapter 18: False Incrimination

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

5:53 P.M

-Streets-

The wind blew more harshly than any other day of the last month of the year. There was no break to feel the new breeze hit you and make your body shiver in place, unable to move unless some warmth is emitted and given. It was really cold around only five in the afternoon and the sun has already set, the place darker than usual. The winter days had long nights and shortest days.

Outside, it was even colder than when you'd just open the window of any place in your house. Either on the top floor or the lowest, the cold would still reach you. A single piece of clothing was never enough to balance your body temperature.

To say Zen and Cicero regret coming outside was a huge understatement.

"Geez, why's it so damn cold?" Zen breathed and could see his breath in the dark night and the street lights making more visible, the cinnamon flavored coffee he drank still lingering on the back of his throat much to his dismay. When Cicero told him if he wanted to die, then they'll both die together and forced him to drink a cinnamon flavored coffee, which was the sweetest drink he's had in a while.

Disgusting.

The red head had to brush his teeth three times roughly and that made his breath smell mintier than ever. He could still taste the sugar making him throw looks towards the green head every now and then.

"It's Deshemeber," Cicero said, his mouth stuffed with marshmallows he shoved inside before they left making Zen roll his eyes.

"The nearest police station is actually quite far," Zen stared at the GPS on his phone.

"Let's just take the bus," Cicero suggested. Zen nodded in silent agreement as they neared the bus stop.

The huge vehicle was coming from their left with a recognizable sound. On the side, there was a clothing shop, lighting up the park right in front of it. Children playing and friends having picnics could be seem from outside the gates. No cars were allowed to park forward of the gates because of the side road and there was no space, so they had to go behind the park where there's an actual parking lot.

Beyond the park, there was a huge forest and if you walked a good distance in it, you'll be able to find many houses and huge highway behind them. That's where Zen's house was, so it wasn't that far from Cicero's.

The bus stopped accelerating next to the sign. It would do so if there wasn't people too, but it had more of a reason to when Zen and Cicero were standing next to it. Cicero walked in first after the doors opened and placed the wanted amount of coins in the small box next to the diver as Zen followed behind him.

Cicero sat on the seat next to the window and Zen sat next to him. The red head looked to his right to find the seat belt which made Cicero silently snicker and pull on the back of his head band a good amount before letting go of it completely, causing it to snap back on in with force.

"Fuck!" Zen rubbed the back of his head and turned to frown at the green head, who was in a better mood than before. The taller couldn't surpress his small smile, seeing he had calmed down while letting go of the seat belt and straightening up.

——

"You can wait outside,"

Cicero nodded before leaving the place. Zen followed after him and saw him looking troubled. The police told them they're going to have to investigate and asked them a bunch of questions. Zen was looking  around place, trying to familiarize himself with the surroundings while Cicero drowned in his own thoughts. The red head thought it'll be better if he just stayed silent and didn't bother him.