Chapter 57: Tension

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

8:30 A.M

–The Park–

     Some time has passed by and everyone soon came to join the trio one by one. Aria had yet to arrive, leaving them with a moment of privacy.

     "What does everyone think we should do?" Kazuo asked.

     "Wow, character development," Rehan grinned referring to how Kazuo asked for everyone's opinion and stopped when the raven head shot him a look.

     Micheal spoke up. "Well, we can't just sit around and wait for things to happen. We need to take action."

     "It might be best to sit around," Kazuo voiced, "Maybe if I investigate further, we might find better utilities."

     "It doesn't sound like a bad plan," Rehan nodded and Michael agreed.

     Cicero took a deep breath, his mind racing with the details of his plan. "Alright, here's what I'm thinking," he began, his voice steady as he outlined his strategy. "We need to gather as much information as possible about Veldra's operations without drawing too much attention to ourselves."

     Zen raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Cicero's proposal. "And how do you suggest we do that?" he asked, a hint of skepticism in his tone.

     Cicero leaned forward, his eyes alight with determination. "I will go undercover," he declared, his voice carrying a sense of conviction. "I will infiltrate Veldra's organization, gather intel, and use that information to take him down from the inside."

     The group exchanged glances, processing Cicero's bold plan.

     Kazuo's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his usually composed demeanor faltering for a moment. "Undercover?" he echoed, disbelief evident in his tone. "It sounds far fetched."

     Cicero nodded, his expression serious. "I'm sure. It's the best chance we have to get close to Veldra and figure out his next move."

     Rehan frowned, "But how do you plan to pull it off? Veldra's organization is no joke."

     Cicero grinned, a glint of mischief in his eyes. "I will disguise as a royal guard" he replied, a hint of swagger in his voice. "Then use that to work my way in."

     Zen frowned, skepticism evident on his face. "And what if things go south? What's the backup plan?"

     Cicero's grin widened. "Don't worry, I've got it all figured out," he assured them, his confidence unwavering. "But for now, let's focus on gathering more intel and preparing for the operation."

     Kazuo suggested waiting for a few days in order to thoroughly go every part of the plan and create a second or third outlet if necessary. Aria arrived some time later and was informed of everything. Hours passed and the sun began to set and after a while of deliberation and many questions, everyone was convinced by Cicero's plan.

     Well, everyone, except Zen.

      And so as the group dispersed, Cicero could very well feel the disapproval radiating of the redhead next to him. He glanced towards Zen and saw the redhead looking up at him with with his arms crossed tightly over his chest.

     Cicero blinked and when Zen's eyes drifted to somewhere behind him he looked back and saw Aria still standing there.

       She gave him  a weak smile and Cicero sensed the tension rising like a palpable force. He glanced sideways at his friend, noting the impatient expression etched on his features.