Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

10:56 P.M

-Castle's lockup-

Rehan flinched when the cell's door slammed on the wall beside it and created a loud sound that penetrated the silence in the room. Zen and Kazuo, however, looked up calmly at the intruder. The three boys were in a state of near senselessness as the heat drew up their energy and sucked the oxygen from their veins. Rehan almost fell asleep, Kazuo was wide awake, but a feverishness was coming over him and he couldn't think properly, and Zen had his head into his arms, his mind drifting off to his family and best friend, lost in thought and wondering where Micheal could be.

A wide, creepy, grin stretched on E.A's face when his eyes landed on Zen. He stood at the doorway, head lifted in an egotistical manner. His hair fell in black curls over his eyes and had a slight undercut. He wore a shirt this time.

Zen face immediately twisted upon the sight of the man, "You again?"

"Yes, me again," E.A walked closer to him, "Did you not miss me?"

"Bullshit. Can you not see how excited I am?" Zen spat.

He walked closer to the red head and stared down at him. Zen's lip turned downwards in disgust as he glared, meeting E.A's belittling look. And then his view of the blue man was cut short and the corner of the cell replaced it. He almost lost his balance on the floor. His head was turned to the side suddenly, violently, and the stinging sensation on his cheek dwindled his confusion. He had just been slapped.

Zen felt anger boil from the pit of his stomach and it rose up to his shoulders, making them shake. His jaw clamped and fists clenched before he turned to look at E.A. He was fuming. A huge red mark appeared on his cheek.

"Did you just fucking hit me?!" Zen growled, whilst standing up.

"Don't look at me like that. I really went too soft on you, hence why you didn't fly across the room," E.A smirk grew.

"Zen, don't do anything too reckless," Rehan stood up and tried to hold the red head. Zen struggled against Rehan, who held on as tight as he could. His eyes were glaring daggers at the creature.

"What are you holding him for? If he wants to hit me, then let him atleast try. I might as well pretend it hurts when he does," E.A told Rehan. His words seemed to infuriate the boy even further, driving him to shove Rehan away and march towards E.A. The red head flew at him, fists clenched before his wrist got stopped by a strong seize. E.A held his arm and twisted it painfully behind his back, angles away from actually breaking it.

Zen was surprised to hear a yelp and realize it came out of him. He gritted his teeth in humiliation, pain, and anger. E.A brought his free hand and put a finger under Zen's chin and lifted his face up.

"See? You are miles away from being able to put up a fight against me."

"Shut the fuck up," Zen hissed, "Dont touch me."

"Why? Does it rile you up?" E.A said.

"Let him go," Kazuo monotone voice came out.