Chapter 48: One Team

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

2:02 A.M

– D.I.M 2 –

The silence draped over the city like a heavy blanket. It put everyone and everything to sleep soundly. No birds chirping, no cars tearing across the road, and no human chattering. It was quiet and every step could be heard. The darkness engulfed every being, turning it into nothing but a motionless shadow, but he could still see them. He really could, the colors were slightly dull, but nothing went unnoticed for him. It has been a total of three years without seeing his friends, without seeing Zen and he felt unhinged. His eyes glowed as his vision displayed information about the weather, his surroundings and what not.

This dimension could only be described as unnerving. Cicero inched forward as he followed Aria who was in front. They were nearing what looked like a castle entrance. She stopped and craned her head, "What do you see?' she asked him, unable to have the night vision privilege.

"Guards," Cicero whispered, "They're sleeping."

"Okay," Aria undid her ponytail and walked forward, a tree branch crunching under her shoe. This movement seemed to stir them up as they woke up suddenly and raised their sharp weapons.

"Who's there?!"

Cicero put a hand on Aria's shoulder and stepped closer, "Stay back," he told her before he pulled out his sword and walked almost leisurely towards them.

Once the streetlight illuminated his face, the guards were quick to launch towards him. Cicero's vision showed many statistics as they ran and he almost laughed at their weakness. He used the back of the sword to deliver a critical hit to the side of his neck. Cicero held the other's nearing weapon. Twisted his arm. Took in a breath. The one to his left was getting up. The green head gripped his sword harder. With more energy flowing through him, a visual representation being that green glow around his weapon, he hit him once more. Knocked him unconscious.

Power Report: Cicero Sager
Ability: Enhancement. Can heighten and intensify senses and abilities (physical and mental) to an advantageous degree.
Other: Optical: Night vision. Displayed statistics of a power analysis (weaknesses, stamina, strength etc.) of whoever.

Cicero threw the weapon at the other guard's face and sent him to deep sleep as well. He searched the guard's pocket and found the keys to the doors.

They both got in and this resulted in more combat until they reached the floor Slater instructed them to be on. The green head looked around, but the young prince was nowhere in sight. Aria's phone started ringing and she took it out of her pocket to look at the caller ID. It was Slater. She picked up.

"Hey? Where are you?" she uttered quitely.

"In my work area. I wanted to know if the prisoners will participate in this?"

"What? They won't obviously---they're locked up."

"No, Omi told me they left yesterday night and they're training. I feel like he didn't disclose all the details to me," Slater enunciated accusingly, "I can't reach Neldo either."

"I don't see the problem here," Aria wondered and moved slightly away from Cicero. She just felt weary whenever his friends were brought up because it was a sensitive topic for him and it was also the only thing keeping him by their side.

"The problem is," Slater started and his next statement was chilling, "The only team here is you and me, don't get it mixed up, Aria."